Sesame Street Friday closing credits

Nickrj

Reaction score
The film with Barkley playing with the kids while the credits were rolling. What year was that made? Also what year was the funky music following the sesame street theme was made?

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Let's see I remember when I first saw those credits, I think it was in the early 1990s, my guess would be 1993 or 1994 and I think the music showed up around the same time. I may be wrong as senses get deluded over time.

Nickrj

Reaction score
Re:

I'm talking about the old closing film with Barkley and the funky music they during the support credits afterwards. It was from when I used to watch SS in the mid to late 80's. I'd like to know when both of those were made.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Nickrj said:
I'm talking about the old closing film with Barkley and the funky music they during the support credits afterwards. It was from when I used to watch SS in the mid to late 80's. I'd like to know when both of those were made.
The Barkley closing was done in about 1980. The support credits had that music from 1972 to 1992.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. The Barkley closing was one I remember very clearly. I guess they changed that sometime in the 90s to a different closing with the Muppets and new music.

zyzzybalubah

Reaction score
Is there an MP3 or video file of this avaiable anywhere? I've been desperately looking for it for years!!!

ssetta

Reaction score
The Barkley and the Kids closing sequence was probably made in 1980, and it was used up until 1992, when it was replaced with the new animated closing that they still use today. It was one of the worst changes that has ever happened on the show, along with the electronic chimes being replaced with new calypso. I cried a lot that day. :cry:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I always felt bad for the puppeteer who played Barkley, it just seemed like he'd get tired fast from being huddled over and always running everywhere, and you know that suit had to be hot.

NorkNork

Reaction score
I actually semi-knew one of the dancers in the new (1992) end credits cos her family lived in our apartment building when we were living in the Bronx. Her brother was on the show, too. I think he was in a couple of scenes too. Her name was Jennifer Diaz, the girl you see wearing her hair to the side.

The old music before 1992 still scares the bejesus out of me. Interesting factoid: There's a rapper named MF Doom that samples it on his new album MMM...Food on the song called Kookies.

ssetta

Reaction score
NorkNork said:
I actually semi-knew one of the dancers in the new (1992) end credits cos her family lived in our apartment building when we were living in the Bronx. Her brother was on the show, too. I think he was in a couple of scenes too. Her name was Jennifer Diaz, the girl you see wearing her hair to the side.

The old music before 1992 still scares the bejesus out of me. Interesting factoid: There's a rapper named MF Doom that samples it on his new album MMM...Food on the song called Kookies.
Was she a nice girl? How old is she now?