Sesame Street Encyclopedia Update

mikealan

Reaction score
Here are more pics of the ss muppets we haven't updated yet for the encyclopedia:

The Honkers
The Beautiful Princess
Mary & Mary's Lamb (from SS Newsflash: Mary Had A Little Lamb)
Alice (from SS Newsflash: Alice In Wonderland)
The Shoemaker and the Elves (from SS Newsflash: The Elves & the Shoemaker)
Lulu (the purple monster version)
Red Riding Hood, Wolf and Grandmother (from SS Newsflash: Little Red Riding Hood)
Tiny Thumblina (from SS Newsflash: Mumford's Newsflash Trick)

and a few more!

I checked out the Henson Database that there are no pics of the 'F' Cheerleader muppets and Roscoe the Grouch

BTW, the 'F' Cheerleading sketch can be shown on one of the Sesame Too shows from 2000 on Noggin where Telly tries to cooperate his hands and we definately need Roscoe the Grouch. We have to post pictures of them!

Thijs

Reaction score
Mikealan,

Warrick and I, makers of the SSEncyclopedia, have a list of all the SS characters from the Muppet Masterlist, made by Count. So you don't have to tell us wich characters are missing. We know, ok. I say it for the last time: we only add a character if we have a decent picture of it. And I get the feeling that you have never been on the site, because Roscoe the Grouch is already on the site, since 2, 3 months ago.

mikealan

Reaction score
Err...not Roscoe the Grouch, I mean, Felix the Grouch! You've never posted the picture of Felix the Grouch for a couple of months ago! He's on one of the 123 Sesame shows from 2000 that was shown on Noggin.

ssetta

Reaction score
It was shown on Noggin, and it still is.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
A few things I'd like to ask/tell Tommy and the planners of the Sesame Street Encyclopedia.

1 You say that you're using my listing as a guide for your site's future updates? Glad to know that I'm of help to someone else.
Keep an eye out for future updated versions of my listing with character/roles from all the movies and TV specials.

2 Tommy, you posted in one of my list's previous versions that you saw a sketch on Sesame Street with the Count's family. You reported watching the episode on August 3, 2003. Which episode was it? Was it one of the two episodes shown on Noggin?
FYI: These two episodes where an earlier episode where Elmo, Snuffy, Big Bird and Prairie Dawn spoof Little Jerry and the Monotones by forming a mock-up band of their own; and a later episode where Linda keeps E-mailing Telly leading him to guess her as his "Mystery Friend."
If you can, please give me a brief synopsis of the plot from the episode so that I can be on the lookout and confirm these characters for myself. If it's an episode that's not shown on Noggin any longer, then please describe what each of the Count's family members looked like to credit your help towards the growth of my master list.
Thanks for your help and have a great night.

Thijs

Reaction score
Remember that I live in the Netherlands, where they still show old skits.

The count went on vacation and said goodbey to his family members. First his mom, then his dad, then his sister and his brother, and then a bunch of animals (wich all had dracula-teeth:smile:), among them a cow and a sheep. If I have the time I'll check how they look like. But I can't give you colours because I'm colourblind.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help Tommy. Don't worry about the colors of the characters, as long as you give the description your best effort that's what rully counts. As for the episode in question, was there anything else significant that happened as part of its plot? Was there any interacting story taking place on the street itself? And if so, what was it? If you know it, what was this episode's number? Just checking to see if any other board members have it on tape and could trade for it. Thanks for your help again, and have a good day.

Thijs

Reaction score
ok, i'll do my best

about the episode, in the Netherlands Sesame Street goes like this:

every day they have a theme, this one was about vacation I thought.

first they show a dutch skit, with the dutch humans, and charachters like Tommie and Pino. then they show a mix of skits wich are about that theme. those skits are one, two or three american skits, one or two cartoons, another dutch skit and lots of other things.

The American skits are choosen if they have something to do with the theme. They have nothing to do with each other. So I can't give you any other information about it.

greetings, Thijs a.k.a. Tommie

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So Tommy, you're saying that the sketch with the Count's family was an American original? My memory stored a sketch where the Count's mother tries to tuck in a baby Count into his crib and get him to sleep, but I've never seen any sketches with his whole family. If you can, please help describing what the other characters looked like with more distinguishing details, and I'll credit your finds just like the ones by everybody else. Thanks for your help and have a good day.

mikealan

Reaction score
Guess what!

Pic of Curly Bear added and bio of Zoe are added on line!

Last night, I watched the copy of an Unpaved episode from 1989 on tape that has the Season 4 Premiere, and it had the Kermit the Reporter skit of Humpty Dumpty!
When I was a little kid, I didn't like it, because Gladys (before she had a name) making horse sounds, which it bugs me, and Humpty Dumpty broken in pieces scared me a little. Now, I enjoyed this skit and Humpty Dumpty never scared me so much, and I believe he was performed by Frank Oz, this skit was just before the really scary vintage live-action sketch with the red-hot 'I'!

I have a pic of Humpty Dumpty in the Unpaved book. Actually, there are two different Humpty Dumptys on SS:

The first one was the big one for the Sesame Street News skit, which he was played by Frank Oz. And the second one was the small one, which he was played by Jerry Nelson on the Season 24 episode sponsored by the letters L and R and the number 18.

I know much of the Sesame Street version of Humpty Dumpty for the encyclopedia:

Seasons: 8, 24

Years: 1976, 1993

Performers: Frank Oz (1976), Jerry Nelson (1993)

Description: Humpty Dumpty was a hard-boiled, tough egg. In the episode of Sesame Street News, he had a major accident, so the king's horses and men Muppets tried to put Humpty together again...and they did. Kermit, of course, talked to Humpty for a while that Humpty was a brand-new person. Then Kermit slaps Humpty's back to fall off the wall and the king's horses and men had to put him together again. They think Kermit did slap Humpty off the wall. On the street in 1993, the little Humpty Dumpty was fallen off Oscar's can and was broken by Big Bird sitting on him in his nest.

Hope everything on Sesame Street's version of Humpty Dumpty would work.