Sesame Street Encyclopedia Update

Thijs

Reaction score
After a period of silence (Warrick has many muppet-sites to update and I had some personal things (moving, studying, working, falling in love and things)) we updated Sesame Street Encyclopedia!

www.sesameencyclopedia.cjb.net

This time we mainly updated the number of pics. We added all the main characters and some really rare ones too! (Always wondered how Herry's family looked like? Take a look!) Even Elmo and Ernie are on :wink:

The bio's have some slowing-down, but that's mainly because I want to wait writing them until I finally have a copy of Sesame Street Unpaved. We updated only Baby Bear and Grover.

We still need your help. The site is never complete. All of you can help posting facts or even complete biographies in this thread, or mail them to sesamestreetencyclopedia@hotmail.com

The same goes for the pics. If you have a pic of a character you are missing, or you have a better pic then the pic on the site, email them to sesamestreetencyclopedia@hotmail.com
NOTE: for the thumbnails we only use pics of characters looking into the camera

That's not all. We are planning to extend the site, by adding the following features:

- A HUMAN PAGE It will be like the puppet pages, but then with the (American) Sesame Street humans. With this decision, we made clear that SSE will be a site about the American Sesame Street only (though we both are none-Americans:smile:). Of course that is not because we don't like non-european Sesame Street. We would love to see good pages of foreign Sesame Streets in english (MC member Pino is busy making a site about Sesamstraat, the Dutch version). So if you have a beautiful picture of Mr. Hooper, Susan or another human of SS, mail them to sesamestreetencyclopedia@hotmail.com

- AN ANYTHING MUPPET PAGE What's wrong with nameless characters? Nothing! Of course, my second favourite thing that can happen in my life (snow is the first favourite thing:smile:) is when an anything muppet turns out to have a name, but we certainly don't underestimate the Anythings. They get their own page! A growing and growing collection of all those wonderful Anythings. Send all your anythings to sesamestreetencyclopedia@hotmail.com

-A PERFORMERS PAGE What is Sesame Street without his performers? This page will be the easiest and the hardest to make. The fact that there is so much to tell about them makes it easy and hard. But of course, like The Muppet Show, Sesame Street has his own obscure performers (Lisa Buckley for instance) of who we don't know much about. Just one word... sesamestreetencyclopedia@hotmail.com

Because you problably don't know where to start making bio's or sending pictures I will make threads each week, asking for facts about a character, or asking for pictures of 5 certain characters.

Well, we hope you like our page so far. Any comments? Post them in this thread or email them to sesamestreetencyclopedia@hotmail.com

O yes, did I mention the site's email adress?

:sleep: sesamestreetencyclopedia@hotmail.com :boo:

greetings,

Warrick
Thijs

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Tommie, I love you, man! I can't wait to see it. I have Covenant Discipleship group tonight, but all have to take a look at the site when I get back. Any plans of adding a complete episode guide? Just thought I'd ask.

Thijs

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
Tommie, I love you, man! I can't wait to see it. I have Covenant Discipleship group tonight, but all have to take a look at the site when I get back. Any plans of adding a complete episode guide? Just thought I'd ask.
I haven't talked with Warrick about an episode guide yet, but.......why not? As you know, in The Netherlands they still show all the (non-human, non-Big Bird) classic skits, plus the new ones, and I tape them all, so I can make an episode guide of it. But there you have the problem, all the skits are in dutch, so I can't make the episode guides literally:frown:

But with the help of others, we can make an episode guide, sure. Send them in, and I will collect them until I have enough to put them online.

Thijs

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Actually, no offense or anything but I was a bit disappointed when I saw that site. You do have pictures up of pretty much every character who's been on the show, but I was hoping that you'd have descriptions and everything. Are you going to work more on that?

You can take your time and all. I'm not upset with you. I'm sort of upset with myself. I guess I misread you're original message. I'm sorry about that. Your site's very good so far though.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I dont think im going to attempt a Sesame Street Episode guide.
Im gonna concentrate on a Character List for now.

The idea here is that we put online as many Muppets as we can and then everyone joins in and helps.

We dont know the Bio's of all of those Muppets, Thijs (Tommie) will update all of the Bio's that he can once he gets the Sesame Street Unpaved book.

If anyone has any pictures or Bio information please send them to us !

sesamestreetencyclopedia@hotmail.com

Thanks

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I could help you out there, Warrick. I've seen photos of lots of characters that I remember very well, so I'll provide as much information as I can. I'm pretty busy today, but I'll work on that some time when I have time.

muppettheatre

Reaction score
I'll be able to help you out with some of the recent muppetteers from the past couple seasons, I have some pics but I'll have to get the performers permission before I would post them, since they're all behind the scenes photos.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Tommie I got an idea in each charecter intead of 1 photo do a little gallery for each one!:wink: COOL! I L:flirt: ve iut alot!
Tommie, tell Warrick I got a post for him I need him to see it it's on the classic muppet page!:excited:
WAAHOOOOOOO! I loooove it sooooooo much you could also do a list of skits they were in and show pictures!:smile:
I wish I had my own site:cry: will you guys make me one? I'll give you more info of what I want if you say yes Guys, really get Warrick for me sooo cool!
from
BARRY LEE