Sesame Place Amusement Park

maxdrive

Reaction score
does disney own sesame workshop now was well as the other muppets will sesame place become some kinda of disney world mutation of its former self

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
maxdrive said:
does disney own sesame workshop now was well as the other muppets will sesame place become some kinda of disney world mutation of its former self
No, Disney does not own any of the Sesame Street characters or Sesame-related things (other than Kermit). Sesame Workshop split away from the Jim Henson company several years ago and now they are independent from Disney. I guess it is a good thing that Sesame Workshop left the Jim Henson Company when they did, because otherwise Disney might have insisted that Sesame Street be included in the purchase of the Muppets...

Mario

Reaction score
Hace calor, si si, senor! :smile: We listened to that in Spanish class. I really want to go here, now!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
muppetmayhem said:
I WANNA GO SO BAD. I WILL GO WITH MY CHILDREN SIMPLY SO PEOPLE DON'T LAUGH AT ME WHEN THEY FIND I WANTED TO GO ANYWAY! :excited: :excited:
I think thats why parents take their kids to Disneyland, you look around and its mostly adults there and if they have kids the adults were the ones that looked the happiest that I saw!

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
I live relatively close to Sesame Place and haven't been there since I was about 5 years old, but I can say that it's a great place to take little kids. The vast majority of the attractions are geared towards the younger audience, but the older crowd can still let their inner child come out and play :smile: I'd like to get a job there working in the entertainment department, but it's a matter of finding a way to get there...

~Dana~

Reaction score
Has anyone gone to the dinner or breakfast with Big Bird and friends? its a bit of money, but it looks like fun.

HeartlessGiant

Reaction score
I remember the first time i went (i was pretty young, about 4 or 5, i think more like 4) and i went on the river ride. You know, the one where you get in a little inner tube and just float along.

Problem was, i was one of those obnoxious kids that enjoyed the water but didn't like getting splashed, so i freaked out when i saw the water jets pouring all over everyone like a waterfall. I started crying and everything. Lucky for me a nice Sesame Place employee grabbed the tube and just walked me along the edge so i didn't "wander" into the waterfall.

Here's to the Sesame Place employees! *raises glass*

Oh, and (not to make this place sound horrible or anything, these are just things that stick out in my mind) does anyone remember that sand pit with all the punching bags? I have this very strong visual image of just a deep sand pit, with punching bags swinging around and small children all over the place screaming and trying frantically to rub sand out of their eyes. lol.

P.S. sorry if someone already mentioned that. i didn't read the whole thread. :embarrassed: