Sesame Place Amusement Park

Dantecat

Reaction score
Hey Bobhopesite,How Was Sesame Place And What did you and your family just do there?

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Seriously, I need more US Airways Dividend Miles! That would be so cool to go and take pictures! I could even post them on an a photo hosting site! Are there any GOOD ones besides Yahoo?

BJ

Animal Jam

Reaction score
Sesame place is great! I love going on the water rides except in may.What is the hay ride like? :confused:

astrotrain

Reaction score
"Hay you rides!!!"

Okay bad pun (and showing my age), but due to the approaching storm bearing down on Sesame Place, I was unable to get to enjoy the hay ride.

But from what the staff memeber told me, it was a fiteen minute trip and a story was read to you . The character joining us on this trip was Ernie.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Did You Just Go On The Water Rides?If So,Which Ones?

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I love Sesame Place! I live about 40 minutes away so I have gone there quite a few times. I have taken my two younger brothers for the past two summers (ages 12 and 14). For those of you who have never been there and get a chance, I highly recommend it. Even though it may be geared towards younger children, my brothers and I have a great time everytime we go.

Our last trip was particularly fun! Two memorable stories:

I am a big fan of Telly Monster, but over our previous trips, my brothers and I had not seen any costumed Telly around the park. This trip, there was a person in a Telly suit and I got very excited. My brothers and I got in line to have a picture, and I told them that I was going to give Telly a great big hug. They laughed, but they did not believe me. So when it was our turn to get a picture with Telly, I hugged him as I lovingly said his name. It was hilarious, and my brothers and I were laughing for about five minutes after that.

Another great thing about Sesame Place is that they play all Sesame Street music. At one point in the day, they started to play the song with Bert and Ernie - the la-la-la song about L words. Now, as the song was playing, the older of my two younger brothers looked at me, and I looked at him, and we both sang "La-la-la Linoleum" along with Bert. It was also really funny. My youngest brother was a bit embarrassed. After that, I was singing along with the Sesame Street music all day.

(sorry if these two stories seem pointless, but they make me laugh, and that laugh that I got just from typing these stories was much needed. I hope that they will make you smile as well. :stick_out_tongue: )

Dantecat

Reaction score
Jimmy,Do You Like The Water Rides? Because They're Just So Great! :excited:

Anyway,What Other Muppet Characters Did You Meet What Other Songs Did They Play And What Do You See Good At Mr.Hooper's Emporium?

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Oh, I love the Water Rides! My brothers and I especially love the Rubber Duckie slide! When we went over the summer, it was a bit cloudy, so the lines were not too long - which was great. Towards the evening, the lines were so short that we got to go on the Rubber Duckie slide three times in a row in about 20 - 30 minutes total!

We also loved Super Grover's roller coaster! It is a bit upsetting because the area around the ride used to be well decorated, with a hilarious Super Grover comic, but now the plants have grown and covered a good portion of the comic so that it cannot completely be seen. I may write to Sesame Place and tell them my concern about that - I love that comic. Since the ride is not brand new, the lines for it are not too long and so my brothers and I were able to go on it several times in a row!

We saw most of the other characters that were in the park, Big Bird, Oscar, Cookie, Grover, the Count, Elmo, Zoe, Prarie Dawn, Rosita, Telly, Bert, Ernie, and Hoots and the Wolf (in the parade).

In Hoopers Emporium, there were countless treasures! Unfortionately, funds were limited so my brothers and I ended up buying small sovenieres. The one item that really caught my eye was the Sesame Street 35th Anniversary Board game, which I have never seen in stores, but I would have had just enough money to buy it and I did not want to deprive my brothers of Sesame merchandise (or snacks and drinks). In Hooper's emporium, they were playing Elmopalooza, and what I saw as I was shopping intrigued me, so I purchased the DVD at Best Buy about a week after my trip to Sesame Place. Also, I saw Sonia Manzano's book, which I would like to purchase at some point as well.

The other songs that were played in the park (that I sang along to) were "Let your frown be your umbrella", "Just three colors", "I love Trash" "C is for Cookie", "The breakfast song" (with Cookie and Ernie), and "Captain Vegetable" (these are just the ones that I can remember, but they had a very wide selection of songs)

Oh, another funny story: We went to see "Big Bird's Beach Party", which was a show starring the costumed characters. And in the beginning, the guy came out and told us how hot it was, and that in spanish, to say it is hot, you say "Hace Calor". Then he said that he was going to sing a song called "Hace Calor", and that he wanted everyone who knew the words to sing along with him. Well, kids today just dont know such songs, because these songs do not feature Elmo or the other main characters and songs like this are rarely included in episodes anymore.... But I knew every word - so I think that it was more like a duet between the man on stage and me rather than a group sing along. Afterwards my brothers and I laughed so much.

Wow! I just had such a great time at Sesame Place. It was a really great bonding experience for my brothers and I, especially since I am away from them for so much of the year. I can't wait to take them again next year!