Scariest Muppet Show Moment

Sean Gaffney

Reaction score
Two immediately come to mind that scared the bejeezus out of me as a kid.

1) Zero Mostel counting and compelling things, in a very spooky, creepy manner.

2) The monster singing Windmills of Your Mind. Both because I found him slightly freakish, and also the abruptness of his crashing into the windmill at the end made me jump in shock/fright.

Others... hm... Liza Minelli appearing at the end of Copacobana singing 'Don't Fall in Love' gave me the shivers. For some deranged reason, the Muppet singing You Are My Sunshine getting blown up (as I was watching these first-run, and was about 3-4 years old, this is less surprising, I suppose).

Oh, and 3) the song Time in a Bottle, and the sudden ending where he ages again. Brrr.

--SG

Super Scooter

Reaction score
1) That Zero Mostel thing scared me too! It's one of my favorites!

3) Time in a Bottle? Wow! That's another one of my favorites. It was creepy!!!

Convincing John

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
It's a toupee? Huh, learn something new every day.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

That would've been funny if Gorgon Heap appeared from behind him "Hmmm...that looks delicious!" (yanks toupee off Bruce's head and eats it!)

Convincing John

WiGgY

Reaction score
The Alice Cooper episode freaks me out to this day.

G-MAN

Reaction score
The part that freaked me out the most was the "jubilee Time" number from the Andy Williams, I never saw the whole ep, I just saw that skit on "Muppet Moments". That was when I was 3-5 probably. That's the only copy of that number I've seen to this very day.

dbarrie

Reaction score
Tonight I watched the Harvey Korman ep. again on my VCR, and it made me remember feeling badly for poor Thog being whipped in that circus sketch. I really felt for the big frackle so much I almost cried. :cry: But of course Thog gets the upper hand, and it made me smile again. :smile:

G-MAN said:
The part that freaked me out the most was the "jubilee Time" number from the Andy Williams, I never saw the whole ep, I just saw that skit on "Muppet Moments". That was when I was 3-5 probably. That's the only copy of that number I've seen to this very day.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
When I was little the scariest thing I ever saw was the Sherlock Holmes sketch on the Joel Grey episode.
Actually I had no problems with it when it first aired, but on the re-run when Gorgon Heap started to eat the clues for some reason I couldn't watch it again and ran out and hid under my covers in my bedroom before he ate Piggy and Baskerville.:eek: :embarrassed:

travellingpat

Reaction score
When Vincent Price was salting up Kermit haha,
I got so scared for that little green guy!!!

D

Dil

For some fans, the Weird Opera number is the scariest, because of their mouths.