Scariest Muppet Show Moment

behemoth

Reaction score
Hopefully this thread will continue on for a while. What do you guys think the scariest Muppet Show Moment was? For me it was the Rich Little "Inchworm" sketch. I first saw it when I was about 5 and it scared the bejeesus out of me for about 5 years lol.

Salmoto

Reaction score
In the Alice Cooper episode when Alice is entertaining a female bird monster on a blanketed area of the floor in his dressing room. Scooter pops in and announces that Piggy is due on stage for "Pigs in Space" the bird monster looks in the mirror, tells Alice to change her back, and poof! he monster turns into piggy. It's cringe-worthy, what they did in this scene, and I'm sure this was Alice Cooper's influence over the muppets.

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
I just love that number on the Alice Cooper show:smile:

When I was a kid I watched an episode when the band decided it was time to move on from TMS. I can't even remember who the guest star was - I just remember crying because I thought I would never see those muppets again.

It was very stressful and scary!!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Without a doubt:

"The Phantom of the Muppet theatre"...

*shivers in fearful recollection of childhood memory of the Twiggy episode*

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

When I was a kid I watched an episode when the band decided it was time to move on from TMS. I can't even remember who the guest star was - I just remember crying because I thought I would never see those muppets again.
That was the Kaye Ballard episode. I've read it in The Muppet Show Book and on the episode guide. I'm still kind of wondering about that one. Didn't it end with Rowlf playing that piano-only closing theme? What made the band change their mind and come back all of a sudden?

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Without a doubt:

"The Phantom of the Muppet theatre"...

*shivers in fearful recollection of childhood memory of the Twiggy episode*

Apparently there is no logical explanation....yeaarrrgghh!!

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2002
Didn't it end with Rowlf playing that piano-only closing theme? What made the band change their mind and come back all of a sudden?
Yes - I remember that. And at the end of the song Rowlf makes a complaint to the conductor and his reply is 'Play Boy PLay' or something like that.

anathema

Reaction score
Re: Re: Reply

Originally posted by Amy
Yes - I remember that. And at the end of the song Rowlf makes a complaint to the conductor and his reply is 'Play Boy PLay' or something like that.
'Play, hound, play!'

anathema

Reaction score
My scariest moment: Bruce Forsyth's toupee. Terrifying! :smile: