Scariest Muppet Show Moment

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Actually, it was Gonzo and two Whatnots. I thought the sarcophagi were scarier, what with the deep voices of Jim and esp. Frank.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
Ah! All these years I thought Kermit and Fozzie were the other mummies. Thanks for clearing that up!

Yeah, "I Feel Pretty" was another one that used to scare me...especially Jim's voice-change by the end of the song!:eek:

anytimepally

Reaction score
You know, I really thought I was over my fear of "Windmills of Your Mind." Then the other day it comes up MC radio, and as soon as that fast music started, it all came back!!! ::shiver::
that was one of my favorite Muppet Show musical numbers :sing:

"Well, how'd you like that opening number?"
"Didn't notice it?! How's that possible? It was loud and raucous with a screaming thing running amuck!"

peyjenk

Reaction score
Actually, it was Gonzo and two Whatnots. I thought the sarcophagi were scarier, what with the deep voices of Jim and esp. Frank. Speaking of Frank's scary voice, Hugga Wugga scared me.
*Shudder* I don't think I had ever seen "Hugga Wugga" until I got TMS season 1, but it freaked me out even at 21 years old. It's just so unpleasant.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Sometimes some of the various voices used by the performers would scare me. I can't think of a specific sketch or song (except for the aforementioned "Night and Day" and "I Feel Pretty"), but sometimes the voice of a particular character would creep me out...these were usually Anything Muppets.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
...on the other hand, I always liked "Jabberwocky," even as a kid. It was just so atmospheric and spooky (in a good way), it never bothered me...

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
My scariest Muppet Show Moment is Janice tied up by the pigs!

Uncledeadly12

Reaction score
These aren't moments that scared me per second but... they ARE Muppets that terrified me and still do to this very day.

Featherstone/Queen Muppet

Geri and the Atrics.

The lady wrestler from season 2.

The men on the train in the Kenny Rogers episode.

And maybe the Gogola Jubilee Jugband. (Specifically, Paul (the fiddle player))