Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

muppetperson

Reaction score
Right, Ok I do have my facts straight still in my head. But when you say destroyed, I take that as thrown away. Do you mean taken apart for use of the factory?

I was merely commenting that imo any other matierals being added just to ease the production of the replicas for the sake of likeness, (cause at the end of the day that's what were really talking about) is not what I am paying for. I am paying for a photo puppet that is as close as possible to the ones used. If not what are we buying?

Had faith in MR to come through for us from the beginning.

Bring On Da Bear
Destroyed as in pulled to bits to study.MR did not want it back as it was totally ruined.Any internal swapping of materials really wouldnt matter as it wont be seen and wont take away from the visual replica.

muppetguy

Reaction score
The past couple of posts...

To be honest guys, I've been reading the past couple of posts and it just doesn't sound too promising. I have to say that when I heard MR wasn't giving up on Fozzie, I was extremely happy. But after reading about that MR can't find that one in tact Fozzie, how can they go about making another one. The expense of bringing Terry on (no offense at all to you, Terry) is one expense they will not do because it's putting more money into this same project and something that was already done.

I don't want to be the one to say this out loud, but I really do not see fozzie happening for us. I really hope MR can prove me wrong on this one, but from what I see so far....I pray they can prove me wrong. I want the bear as much as everyone else here.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but it appears that MR is basically two guys now. They certainly aren't "suits" however it appears they are business management rather than artisans or particular Muppet fans like we are. It appears they really would like to get this product to us if it makes good financial sense for the company.

As an added note - I see a lot of MR merchandise in the store where I work. It is some fine stuff. I am now concerned about the length of quality control they can now invest with such a skeleton crew. The MR name does mean something to people.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
It sounds like a big sloppy mess to me. How in the world can two bears just come up missing into thin air? Obviously someone in China forgot to ship them back after they decided not to make them. So they kept them for themselves.....greedy lil theives.

GIVE US BACK OUR BEAR! :embarrassed:

muppetperson

Reaction score
MR have now officially sold out of Animal.There is still plenty of Gonzo.BTW, Fozzie can still be made without the prototype.Just requires a bit more concentration on studying other alternate reference material.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Well congrats are in order for them. Little more than a year? Congrats. Heck they may sell out of Gonzo too before their license even expires. If they produce a Fozzie with the same likeness as the proto, I will buy.

KK

muppetperson

Reaction score
Sigh! Just seen the quote to have Fozzie made in Australia.The manufactuer cost alone is more than what most of you are prepaired to pay, before the cost of shipping and retail mark up get added.Lets hope there is more luck in the Philippines, otherwise we can wave Fozzie goodbye.

muppetguy

Reaction score
See, I don't get it...

So, If I remember correctly, Kermit took a little over a year to sell out, Animal has taken a little over a year to sell out, it looks like Gonzo might do the same. So why can't they make a Fozzie according to, oh let's say 1000 le pieces? So if the trend continues, it'll take a little over a year to sell him. I don't understand the big issue. It gets us the bear and makes $ for MR. Can anyone explain this?:confused:

Reaction score
Here's a question: If they decide there is no possible way to do Fozzie, does that mean the end of the Muppet prop replicas or would they go with some other Muppet that could be a little more affordable? Obviously Piggy would be as expensive to prodeuce as Fozzie considering the similar size and all the clothes and even a wig, but Pepe or Beaker could be done within a similar price point to Gonzo or Animal couldn't they? Would it just be like, "well, we can't do Fozzie, why do any more at all?"

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Sigh! Just seen the quote to have Fozzie made in Australia.The manufactuer cost alone is more than what most of you are prepared to pay, before the cost of shipping and retail mark up get added.Lets hope there is more luck in the Philippines, otherwise we can wave Fozzie goodbye.
The rule of thumb for mark-up in business is 10X the cost. So, I'm guessing a Fozzie made in Australia would cost us, oh, about $10,000. Am I right? For that price, we could have the workshop reopened in New York and have them make him!

:stick_out_tongue: