Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

Nick22

Reaction score
ditto that. It is just upsetting to have Kermit and Gonzo and no Fozzie. I could have done without the Animal replica
i think animal needs the rest of the EM to complete him. :flirt::sing::big_grin:

TML

Reaction score
I agree with Uncle Matt. I think Animal was poor choice. Yes, he is popular in the mainstream on t-shirts an stuff, but these products really appeal to the serious Muppet fan at $300. Piggy or Fozzie would have made a much better choice.

unclematt

Reaction score
Good to hear that I am not the only one that feels that way.

Davina

Reaction score
yes, they should have held off on him until they could plan to release at least Floyd close behind him.. but, we don't get to make those decisions...

unclematt

Reaction score
I dont know if we need a Floyd as much as we need a Piggy

muppetguy

Reaction score
I agree, we need a Piggy, but at this point, we probably won't even get Fozzie, the way it looks.

Davina

Reaction score
oh definately need a piggy.. was just saying that it would have made sense to hold off on animal until we had a foreseeable Floyd to go with him... (and then the rest of the band to follow..) I NEED Fozzie and Piggy though... I want my life sized muppet nativity! :smile:

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
I am willing and ready to dish the 1000+ for Fozzie. No doubt he's worth it. I would've believed a 899.99 price point but twith the hard times, yes 1000 or a little over sounds feasable. However I am ready to go above the $1000. Can't raise the curtain without him!

KK

Nick22

Reaction score
i honestly think $1000 is waaaaaaay too much. i mean maybe not for all u people who have control over money, but my parents would NEVER let me buy anything at that amount of money.

Bear Man

Reaction score
My (totally arbitrary) thought is that Fozzie really should come in at $ 499 in an edition number of 800 pieces. We know they have the body down pat. The clothing accessories (hat and tie) seem simple and taken care of too. He is tall, but the SRP doesn't include shipping. :wink: The real problem is the facial proportion.

I don't understand the difficulty in mass production of that. Each head (from upper jaw to top of head) can be stuffed with a preformed molded shape to keep that consistent. The eyes, nose and brows could easily be placed correctly afterward if there were some sort of "ratio stencil" predetermining placement. It turns into monkey work at that point doesn't it? I could be wrong. I am not a puppet builder. It's just that I always felt the armature was the tough bit and they have that down. Thoughts?

Also, finding a factory that cares enough to get it right at an agreeable price is key (and much harder than any of us imagined).
I agree - I just don't see where the difficulty in getting this right falls. Use either molded foam (like Gonzo's nose) or even a vac-formed hard plastic to create the top head shape. If the hard plastic route was taken they could even include tabs onto which eyes, nose, etc are attached to ensure the right spacing. An additional moulded shape for the bottom jaw and a hinged mouth plate and you'd be good to go. The body, while needing some shaving in some areas, seems just to be a simple teddy-bear like construct with a wire armature inside to create posability.

Is it that getting the right colour/length/distressed fur is the major problem? I can actually see the hat being difficult (the tie should be ridiculously simple - basic screen printing of white cotton) but I'm just not seeing how the manufacturing of this design is a problem.