Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
It is the same one that was at 2007 comic con.The only difference is that he didnt have a hat then.The other two were sent off to China.
He's been beat up quite a bit. Remember what the Kermit looked like during his "World Tour". It was pretty awful looking by about the middle of it... and it got worse from there.

And I'd be willing to bet any amount of money I know where the missing Fozzie is. But don't bother asking because I won't tell.

:stick_out_tongue:

P.S. I don't have it, in case anyone was wondering!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Just to correct this, Fozzie did make one more appearance at the NY 2008 Toy fair,Feb 17-20, so this would be the last time Fozzie was photographed.This Fozzie has now gone "missing".
His pose actually looks good here, I hadn't seen this picture before. Good to see they were learning how to better pose our Muppets.

I wish I could say that I had the "missing" Fozzie! :embarrassed:

muppetperson

Reaction score
His pose actually looks good here, I hadn't seen this picture before. Good to see they were learning how to better pose our Muppets.

I wish I could say that I had the "missing" Fozzie! :embarrassed:
At last I am glad somebody liked it.I didnt think he was that bad.I think some of us are being too critical and expecting too much.We are not going to get a 100% looking Fozzie, when even the muppet workshop makes different looking Fozzies.Look at the current MC homepage and see the moulin Rouge Fozzie in the top banner and then the Fozzie in the letters to santa pic.certainly we dont want a toy looking Fozzie, but I thought this Fozzie looked acceptable.I think the comments could make MR jittery about making him if it is going to be so hard to get people to like him.
And WOE, I know who you are thinking! But the person has defended himself.:wink:

rtgentry

Reaction score
I would be totally happy with that poser of FOzzie. Much better then what we have now.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
That Fozzie looked great to me as well. I would want it looking like that. Fine with me. Bring on Da... BEAR!

Kevin

PS. I don't care who might have one, I know I DON'T have one, let's change that soon here MR?

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Did it go back to Terry? Or do you think MR still has it locked up somewhere?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
At last I am glad somebody liked it.I didnt think he was that bad.I think some of us are being too critical and expecting too much.We are not going to get a 100% looking Fozzie, when even the muppet workshop makes different looking Fozzies.Look at the current MC homepage and see the moulin Rouge Fozzie in the top banner and then the Fozzie in the letters to santa pic.certainly we dont want a toy looking Fozzie, but I thought this Fozzie looked acceptable.I think the comments could make MR jittery about making him if it is going to be so hard to get people to like him.
And WOE, I know who you are thinking! But the person has defended himself.:wink:
I'd take that Fozzie too. It's better than their Animal and I got that working pretty good after some personal touches. My comment didn't state that I wouldn't buy that poser pictured - merely - that particular picture of MR's Fozzie looks inferior to the initial ones we all saw that blew our socks off. It's likely been banged around quite a bit as WasOnceErnie stated.

The issue with the replicas is that for quite a few people (fans and non-fans alike) the representations of the posers other than Kermit haven't been up to their standards in order to fork-over so much hard earned cash for them. That aint me, but that feeling is very much out there and that's what would need to be resolved in order for these items to be carried by enough merchants to justify production costs.

Muppet likeness is a very delicate thing. The characters have a very simple appearance that even official puppet builders have had trouble getting just right. WasOnceErnie could probably elaborate on that in ways I can't. However, my past work on figures proved challenging. Everybody has their own take on how each character should look. No matter how stunning the final piece, there will always be more than a few disapproving fans.

The cost effective mass production of this delicate configuration on such a high end item is the primary issue for MR's continued investment into a Fozzie Muppet poser. That's the bottom line. It doesn't keep me from wanting him.

I suppose the most jarring thing about that particular photograph we're commenting about is that it is taken from a high angle looking down. That's not how any of us are used to seeing the Bear. Still, as has been said, MR has improved a lot in the posing of these artworks!

Ignohippo

Reaction score
Pull that Fozzie's top jaw forward a bit to give him his slight overbite and he wouldn't look bad at all.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Pull that Fozzie's top jaw forward a bit to give him his slight overbite and he wouldn't look bad at all.
That's kinda what I was talking about. Not only is his bottom jaw pulled forward, but there appears to be a dent in it. I can attest to personally witnessing our poor friend Fozzie being abused at Comic-Con and that was long before the Toy Fair photo was taken. I can only imagine what he had been through in between.

:stick_out_tongue: