Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

Barber

Reaction score
Researching this upcoming replica led me to this thread in this forum.

I don't like the idea of a scaled-down Fozzie, so I hope that rumor is false. If he's out of scale, I won't want him at all, but if he's to scale, money's no object. The most I ever paid for a collectible was $1,100--do we think he might go higher than that?

Anyway, I have Animal and Gonzo. I really hope to find Kermit soon.

Nice to meet you all :smile:

Davina

Reaction score
for the purpose of clarification for those who came late or didn't read or "get it" the "scale down" rumor has nothing at all to do with Fozzie's actual physical size.. it was a comment made in reference to the number of Fozzies made.. instead of 1500 or so, maybe they'd only make 500 with a higher price point...

does that clarify for all?

all that being said, if they were to do an entire line of say, half sized figured, I wouldn't mind that.. as long as they were still accurate and they promised us (and actually made) enough of them to be worth collecting.... but, i still darn well want Fozzie and Piggy at full scale.. would love as many others as we can get full scale, too... but i NEED those two... (so I can do bare minimum of a Muppet Nativity display .. hehehe, that would give me the 3 wisemen, Mary and Joseph... would use a smaller Kermit I've got as baby Jesus... would love to have more to fill in shepherds, angels, etc... but, then my front window only has so much room...... Ok, I will admit.. I might be a little bit crazy.. hehehe but a gal can dream!)

Nick22

Reaction score
I've been a HUGE Muppets fan since I was a kid. Now my kids love them. We just received Gonzo in the mail, and I hope and pray, that they follow through with Fozzie. Even if they have to take a break in 2010 with a smaller photo puppet (fingers crossed for Pepe or Rizzo).

I would love to eventually have the entire Electric Mayhem in our living room!
i hope they come out with all the EM memebers too!:sing::flirt::big_grin:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Fozzie's Final appearance

Only 3 Artist prototypes were made in 2007.one of these was photographed at comic con of that year.There are no new pictures of Fozzie till a factory or workshop is found and a sample made.
Forgot to mention that 1 factory prototype was made in china, but as it was bad, no photos was released.
Just to correct this, Fozzie did make one more appearance at the NY 2008 Toy fair,Feb 17-20, so this would be the last time Fozzie was photographed.This Fozzie has now gone "missing".

So of the 3 prototypes, one is missing,one was destroyed, and one is unknown.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Just to correct this, Fozzie did make one more appearance at the NY 2008 Toy fair,Feb 17-20, so this would be the last time Fozzie was photographed.This Fozzie has now gone "missing".

So of the 3 prototypes, one is missing,one was destroyed, and one is unknown.
It could just be the pose, but that appears to be the problem-prototype Fozzie to me. The facial proportions and head shape all seem to be out of whack compared to Terry's earlier beautiful work and the actual Fozzie puppet. QCing subtle elements might be too difficult.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
It could just be the pose, but that appears to be the problem-prototype Fozzie to me. The facial proportions and head shape all seem to be out of whack compared to Terry's earlier beautiful work and the actual Fozzie puppet. QCing subtle elements might be too difficult.
Yeah I agree, he does seem a bit "Off" in terms of proportion.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think this was the problem they were having. The Henson Triangle is so delicate that mass production just can't quite cut it without a very strict eye on detail. That probably costs a lot more. :embarrassed:

muppetperson

Reaction score
It is the same one that was at 2007 comic con.The only difference is that he didnt have a hat then.The other two were sent off to China.