Rumor: Finding Nemo 2?

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I have no doubt that they would consider a Cars3... but...

Cars 2 wasn't quite the success they thought it would be. And while the merchandise did sell, they over ordered and over estimated the film, and a LOT of Cars stuff is now on clearance in various outlets, including the Disney Store. So they'd have to consider that first.
Is anyone else annoyed that all the Cars merchandise has to be Cars 2? I thought Doc Hudson was a neat character, so why can't he have merchandise just because Paul Newman's dead?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is anyone else annoyed that all the Cars merchandise has to be Cars 2? I thought Doc Hudson was a neat character, so why can't he have merchandise just because Paul Newman's dead?
I've seen some Doc Hudson stuff. There's definitely a Doc Hudson "Squinky" figure (saw so many of those on deep discount clearance after Christmas).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Didn't Iron Giant come out at a time when animation studios got onto this kick about cranking out "adult" animated movies? I remember when The Road to El Dorado came out, everybody was like, "Parents, be advised when taking your kids to see it, there's some bad language in the movie", etc (y'know, back when grown-ups still cared about the kind of language their kids used, as opposed to today when they think it's acceptable for kids to swear once they get out of kindergarten). And wasn't that Disney movie Atlantis supposed to be rather "adult" as well? I think perhaps Iron Giant can be forgiven for that...

Incredibles aside (yes I'm aware it was toned down a bit from Bird's original concept), I think any innuendos in Ratatouille are rather subtle and are mostly played for laughs; the biggest one would be Linguini himself, considering he's basically the illegitimate son of Gusteau, since he was born out of wedlock, but other than that, stuff like one of the chef's being fired from the circus for "messing around with the ringmaster's daughter", and brief awkwardness after Linguini finally admits his feelings for Colette (yeah, I know there's a brief moment where the shot is supposed to be through his eyes, and he's checking out her butt for a second), those are subtle and played for laughs.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah cause how many Little Mermaid movies are we up to now? I know it's not Pixar but basically runned by the same company.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't see any of those films appealing to young kids anyway. The Incredibles, maybe little kids love super heroes...

But when a movie carries a PG rating, it means Parental Guidance suggested for a reason. I HATE when PG rated movies are G rated with a fart joke. They altered the song "New York, New York" to have "Heck" in it for Madagascar 3... nothing in that movie seemed remotely PG-ish. Wasn't even dark.

Meanwhile, Rango had mild cussing, dark situations, and adult humor. THAT was PG. Remember the TMNT movie from 1990? Raph was constantly dropping the D bomb, not even subtly, and there was a crap load of heavy violence? The 2007 one's violence was toned down, and not a D was uttered, not even once. yet, cussing was all over PG rated Speed Racer.

Iron Giant is a sophisticated movie, as are the other 2. Cussing and innuendo shouldn't ruin the films for anyone, and I'd much rather see Brad back at Pixar than Cars 3: This time they're in Space for Some reason.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Yeah cause how many Little Mermaid movies are we up to now? I know it's not Pixar but basically runned by the same company.
Three. The fantastic masterpiece, the not-too bad sequel where Ariel gets a daughter, and a pretty-good prequel tat was ruined by a rapping Flounder. By Disney says they have stopped making animated sequels, but we all know there will still be more Buddy movies.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Honestly, I did wonder if they would another The Incredibles. That was a movie I wouldn't mind seeing more of and I can see them still making great new stories about.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Three. The fantastic masterpiece, the not-too bad sequel where Ariel gets a daughter, and a pretty-good prequel tat was ruined by a rapping Flounder. By Disney says they have stopped making animated sequels, but we all know there will still be more Buddy movies.
They only stopped animated sequels, and the last Little Mermaid and the Tinkerbelle movies were too far into production to stop. The sad thing is, they had a conceptual sequel to Hercules that was supposed to be the original concept of the first movie. Something about the Trojan wars, and Herc getting caught up in both sides.

Unfortunately, it also put a hold on DTV Mickey Mouse character movies. Something we really need at the moment. I'm not going to say why, you know why by now.

BUT DTV live action movies, Lassiter has NO control over.

Honestly, I did wonder if they would another The Incredibles. That was a movie I wouldn't mind seeing more of and I can see them still making great new stories about.
They really want to, but they want to have the perfect script. Brad's busy with live action movies, and I don't want to see anyone but him working on it.