Rumor: Finding Nemo 2?

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
It is? I saw a trailer in the theaters, I could've sworn it was in theaters. :skeptical:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You realize that movie theaters now actually play COMMERCIALS for PRODUCTS in addition to previews before movies now, right? You may have seen a commercial for an upcoming DVD or whatever when you were at the movies that day.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't know if this has already been mentioned but, a spin-off of Cars, "Planes" is coming out. It looks sucky. :sympathy:
To be fair, that's a Disney spinoff with only some input from Pixar... but there is no real need for it, and the previews make it look like a CGI 90 minute version of an old cartoon I saw once. I can't remember the name of it, or what studio directed it. If I could remember, it was about some old school style air plane being afraid of being replaced by the up and coming Jet engine planes (at the time, clearly).

Cars and Cars 2 were mildly entertaining enough, but I don't see Planes being anymore than an inferior self made clone, a Goober and the Ghost Chasers to Cars' Scooby-Doo. I can see them basically just replacing all Car puns (especially the visual ones) with Airplane ones and that's that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Gotta admire Brad taking his time for this. It's a frustratingly long wait, but we're sure as heck not going to get something rushed out of this.

Still think Frozone deserves his own spinoff movie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not only do I feel THE INCREDIBLES could have actually used a sequel (though I hope the whole movie isn't going to be dedicated to the Sequel Hook with the Underminer), I'm just glad for another Brad Bird movie in general; I really enjoy his sense of storytelling, it's very similar to Don Bluth's work: slightly mature, low-key thrills, well-rounded characters, while still being appropriate for family audiences.

Drtooth

Reaction score
A slight chunk of what took so long is that Brad moved on to live action films. The last Mission: Impossible and the upcoming Tomorrowland, specifically. Glad to see him return to Pixar.

I completely agree that out of all the movies, Incredibles solidly deserved a sequel over the other Pixar films, but also agree it isn't something to be rushed into. How do you follow up a movie deconstructing classic era style super heroes? That was the big question. There were some nice stories in the Boom comic book series, but I don't think there was much that could have gone through a 90 minute movie. Brad only wanted a sequel if they had the right story to tell. Considering that Disney could have very well made a cheap, less meaningful sequel if they didn't buy Pixar, I don't mind the wait.