Rumor: Finding Nemo 2?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
All I'm saying is is I wait in general until companies themselves announce and confirm. So until Disney makes an official report Im gonna like I said take it with a grain of salt. But again wouldn't surprise me in the least if a Toy Story 4 was in talks. I know Finding Nemo is being re-released in theaters in 3D this fall.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, Tom Hanks has been saying they're working on it... at least we know how the "rumor" got started.

Drtooth

Reaction score
All I'm saying is is I wait in general until companies themselves announce and confirm. So until Disney makes an official report Im gonna like I said take it with a grain of salt. But again wouldn't surprise me in the least if a Toy Story 4 was in talks. I know Finding Nemo is being re-released in theaters in 3D this fall.
Even if TS4 was going into production... we wouldn't see it for about 5 or 6 years. Even the IMDB has a (????) as a date. So clearly, the rumors are that there are rumors and that it might be taken into consideration. Pixar still has at least 4 confirmed movies after next year's Monsters University. Only one of them even has a title, The Good Dinosaur.

Even if TS4 was in consideration, they have a VERY full plate. Unlike Dreamworks, that can get out 2-3 movies a year, Pixar has only done one a year... and that's after a long period where they only did one every 2 years. They were trying to get 2 out this year, including Monsters... but it got bumped because it wasn't quite finished, and they didn't want it opposite Twilight.

HOWEVER.... there IS a new Toy Story Toons short... I think it could be released with Wreck it Ralph. It has a LOT of confirmation, including an actual bath toy.

SSLFan

Reaction score
There's really no need for a TS4. The third one ended the series quite well. Yeah, TS shorts are cool, but another film is really just pu$hing it.

Looking forward to Monsters University, and I'm REALLY excited for the untitled Dia De Los Muertos film, considering I am a fan of that holiday. :batty:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Whats this about a Dia De Los Muertos film? Sounds interesting.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's really no need for a TS4. The third one ended the series quite well. Yeah, TS shorts are cool, but another film is really just pu$hing it.
Exactly... what more can they do? No matter what, they'd wind up rehashing one of three movies. They can still make a fortune's worth of merchandise without a fourth one.

Whats this about a Dia De Los Muertos film? Sounds interesting.
Sounds VERY interesting. I hope they put that in production over the "Inside the Mind" film.

Princeton

Reaction score
Cars 2 was about merchandise. I still marginally like it over the second. At least it was much more visually stunning... and I'm sure if I wasn't the ONLY one on the planet that didn't get around to seeing Big Lebowski yet, I'd appreciate it more. But then again, while I did like Cars, I just wasn't close enough to the franchise to find the second one an affront to it.
Cars 2 was based on a pretty legitimate idea. When Lassetter did a press tour for the first Cars, he felt very out-of-place and blue-collar. So he thought it would be fun to put Mater in those awkward situations. And in terms of merchandise, the only in-store Pixar merchandise between 2006 and 2010 was for Cars. Any merchandise for Cars characters introduced in the sequel had to be ordered from online sources only.

Brad's one of the best theatrical animation directors out there. The Incredibles, Ratatouille, and the depressingly underrated Iron Giant are all masterpiece films. Rat was definitely for older audiences... not so much for inappropriate content, but rather highly sophisticated content that would go over the heads of kids (who think they can subside on blue candy, pizza and fries).
The three movies you mentioned are proof that Brad Bird should not be working for Pixar. Iron Giant had foul language and a villain that waaaay crossed the line for a children's film, and Ratatouille (and people, please spell out the title: I'm autistic and I can spell it from memory) has sexual innuendoes aplenty. The Incredibles as we know it was actually toned down; originally there was a huge subplot where Helen thought Bob was cheating on her. That's just what I want to see in a Pixar movie!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Sounds VERY interesting. I hope they put that in production over the "Inside the Mind" film.
Wait...is this that stop motion movie that someone posted a thread about a while ago? I'm seriously having a brain fart right now...

Drtooth

Reaction score
The three movies you mentioned are proof that Brad Bird should not be working for Pixar. Iron Giant had foul language and a villain that waaaay crossed the line for a children's film, and Ratatouille (and people, please spell out the title: I'm autistic and I can spell it from memory) has sexual innuendoes aplenty. The Incredibles as we know it was actually toned down; originally there was a huge subplot where Helen thought Bob was cheating on her. That's just what I want to see in a Pixar movie!
That's very narrow minded. Kid's movies shouldn't have to be kids movies. Sophisticated use of crude language and under the radar moments are things only adults know and or care about. Kids are not bound to get any innuendo. Why should we worry about that? And if they already know what it means, it's probably because they heard someone in dozens of real life situations actually say those things.

We should NOT treat every kid's movie like a Care Bears film or one of a gluttony of poorly made kiddy CGI franchise destroying films (with nothing but fart and poop jokes). You could easily go after The Incredibles for being so dark that it plays off gruesome deaths as a joke.

Bird is an animation genius. Why deny him because of some hang ups a handful of people have? how about we just have Tim Hill direct everything? His films are bland AND offensive at the same time.