Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Vincent L

Reaction score
Thank you! I probably should watch some episodes of sesame street.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I just found out on ABC News. Was sad to hear. I like the piece done, but they barely scratched the depths of Jerry's talents, only mentioning the Count, a few others, and Snuffy (a character not played by Jerry for years). Oh well, we know what he's done and we'll always be grateful to Jerry Nelson. :smile:
Yeah. I noticed a few sources did mention him as Snuffy. Even one video showed a clip of Marty's Snuffy when they mentioned that. I thought that was a bit strange, but I guess it makes sense because Snuffy probably wouldn't be around today if Jerry hadn't been around to give him life.

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
It would be great if there were to be some sort of official documentary on the life of Jerry Nelson, whether it be a televison special or a documentary film (like "Being Elmo" and the upcoming "I Am Big Bird"). Jim Henson and Joe Raposo both got tribute albums when they died, it'd be great if there was such an album for Jerry, maybe call it "Sesame Street Celebrates Jerry Nelson". A DVD set full of Jerry's performances would be nice, too.
I know! Jerry Nelson was one of the most underappreciated Muppeteers ever, just because he performed obscure Muppets. Mr. Nelson went for amount, not size.:batty:

theSHE124

Reaction score
Hey! It me, the S.H.E., living the dream that's just around the corner! :smile: In case you dunno, my FR entry ranks #34 on Highest Votes! I'm thinking about Mr. Nelson, too, and y'all're doing a great job tributing him! Anyway, I was trying to give a present to Foodie, though I dunno how to get it on here without a URL address. I just thought it would work well with the tributes, anyone know how? :smirk:

theSHE124

Reaction score
Good one, Frackleman! 'Them boots were made for rockin'!' :sing: Do all pictures have to be from the Net for this to work?