1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Oscarfan, Aug 23, 2012.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Uh, Colette (right?), are we supposed to know better when younger? :confused: As far as I know, back in the 2nd Grade, I had to miss performing a little play Mrs. Christe made for a funeral of my great-grandfather. It was all confusing, but bottom line, I never got to show my acting potential back then! :mad: I vowed never to go to another funeral ever since! Still, I have traveled with my family from times as such, but I will still take no part.
  2. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Thank goodness I don't have to go to a funeral yet.
  3. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Neither do I.
  4. FrackleFan2012

Now, here's a tribute drawing that was done one day ago by Raggyrabbit94. It's titled "Jerry Nelson: A Special Part of Our Childhood".[​IMG]
  5. muppetfan24/7

This picture made me smile. I am so glad I grew up when Jerry was around. I mean his characters were part of our childhoods. When I watched Sesame Street, there was always the Count, Mr. Johnson the frustrated waiter, Herry Monster and they used to show the segments of Semlock Hemlock. Frazzle scared the jeepers out of me as a kid. When FR was rerunned on cable (which I used to have or on video), my mom and I would be watching Gobo Fraggle, and this whoa! To be honest, when all the time I was scared of those large mountains, I forgot that Jerry was one of those gorgs. Yikes! Majory! Yes, she was the wisdom for the Fraggles, yes. I can't believe he was gone too soon when summer has come to an end. When I finally saw the Muppet show on Youtube, there was like Floyd Pepper. I'm glad he anklin' again, but with his stepfather, Matt. (Laughs!) Crazy Harry was Jerry too? Time just keeps flying by all them time. Thank you for posting this tribute drawing. I Heart Jerry!
    DrDientes and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  6. FrackleFan2012

Great to share your thoughts.
  7. FrackleFan2012

The Muppets Studio and Disney posted up a group picture of Floyd, Robin, and the Jerry Nelson Muppet.
    [​IMG]
  8. Bob Smith

Bob Smith Member

Coolest Picture ever
    Mo Frackle and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  9. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

You said it, guys! The felt textures look different, but all the necessary features are spot on!! ;)
    Mo Frackle and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  10. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Thats a beautiful photo! :sing:
  11. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

12. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Excuse me, but where did you originally get that?
  13. FrackleFan2012

I got originally got that from the Jerry Nelson page of The Muppet Wiki. I don't know where it is now.
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Jerry_Nelson
  14. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Apparently deleted. Too bad…
    Wonder where Scarecroe got it?
  15. FrackleFan2012

I'm not sure. :(
  16. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

We gotta replace that photo, and fast! :concern:
  17. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

According to the page history, they were asked not to use that picture. No mention of who made the request.
  18. muppetfan24/7

This song is a tear-jerker and very popular too. So, (sniff) here it is:

ploobis likes this.
  19. Bob Smith

Bob Smith Member

if anyone needs the pic i still have it
  20. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member