Questions we may never know the answer

Reaction score
Soul H said:
Here is a question that's pondering me:

In some Sesame Street albums and books, we see Little Jerry with a guitar. But did Little Jerry ever play the guitar on the show?
Hmmm... I could be wrong, but I think maybe one time back when David (Northern Calloway) ran Hooper's Store, and Gina (Allison Bartlet O'Reilly) was in her late teens and helped worked for David at Hooper's, Gina excitedly begged David for a day off so that she could see Little Jerry & the Monotones in concert at the play area nearby. I believe Jerry DID play a guitar in that episode, but I'm not sure.

Come to think of it, I wonder if Little Jerry was named after muppeteer Jerry Nelson, if Big Jeffie (the bass singer with the big brown beard) was named after Jeffrey Moss, if Little Crissy (with the crazy blond hair and the yellow glasses) was named after Christopher Cerf, and if Rockin' Richard (the caveman-like character) was named after Richard Hunt.

What do YOU think?:confused: :smirk:

Soul H

Reaction score
You're absolutely right. Little Jerry and The Monotones was names after the actors who did their voices. Although I could've sworn that Little Chrissy was a short, lavender guy with an afro.

patrickballoonm said:
Hmmm... I could be wrong, but I think maybe one time back when David (Northern Calloway) ran Hooper's Store, and Gina (Allison Bartlet O'Reilly) was in her late teens and helped worked for David at Hooper's, Gina excitedly begged David for a day off so that she could see Little Jerry & the Monotones in concert at the play area nearby. I believe Jerry DID play a guitar in that episode, but I'm not sure.

Come to think of it, I wonder if Little Jerry was named after muppeteer Jerry Nelson, if Big Jeffie (the bass singer with the big brown beard) was named after Jeffrey Moss, if Little Crissy (with the crazy blond hair and the yellow glasses) was named after Christopher Cerf, and if Rockin' Richard (the caveman-like character) was named after Richard Hunt.

What do YOU think?:confused: :smirk:

Reaction score
Soul H said:
You're absolutely right. Little Jerry and The Monotones was names after the actors who did their voices. Although I could've sworn that Little Chrissy was a short, lavender guy with an afro.
Yeah, I think you're right. The Little Chrissy I was thinking of was of "Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats." When Kermit would dress as a reporter and interview Don Music, the blond-haired, spectacled Little Chrissy and two other muppets who both wore red golf shirts would unexpectedly appear and sing along with Don. It's kind of like Mike Rutherford of Genesis and the fact that despite not singing lead vocals, HE heads Mike + the Mechanics.

Confusing, don't you think? :confused:

JLG

Reaction score
I've always had this weird fascination with Little Chrissy. Dunno what it is. He just seems so enigmatic. He's strange-looking and since he has black eyes, it's harder to "read" him than it is other Muppets. And on the technical side, I've always wanted to know what his hair is made out of.

I think his most recent appearance was just four or five years ago. Some singer (forget who) is singing the alphabet along with his piano playing, and some of the regular monsters come along and join the chorus. I was surprised to see him since he seems to be one of the many, many "banished" characters.

BEAR

Reaction score
So let me get this straight (because I was always confused)...Little Chrissy was the one with a blue head, crazy yellow hair and glasses, right?

Reaction score
JLG said:
I've always had this weird fascination with Little Chrissy. Dunno what it is. He just seems so enigmatic. He's strange-looking and since he has black eyes, it's harder to "read" him than it is other Muppets. And on the technical side, I've always wanted to know what his hair is made out of.

I think his most recent appearance was just four or five years ago. Some singer (forget who) is singing the alphabet along with his piano playing, and some of the regular monsters come along and join the chorus. I was surprised to see him since he seems to be one of the many, many "banished" characters.
I think maybe I saw that segment you're talking about. I believe the singer that Little Chrissy did the alphabet with was Patti LaBelle.

Reaction score
BEAR said:
So let me get this straight (because I was always confused)...Little Chrissy was the one with a blue head, crazy yellow hair and glasses, right?
Well, that's how many of us remember Little Chrissy, but yeah.

BEAR

Reaction score
patrickballoonm said:
Well, that's how many of us remember Little Chrissy, but yeah.
Just confirming, because I have heard people describe him completely different.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
He was Green and if you go to the youtube section on the top of this page there's a least 1 clip of him performing the telephone rock song.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have a few questions now:

1. Were Kermit and Grover a regular duo during the first season? There is only one first season sketch with these two characters (the one where Kermit wanted Grover to get in a box), and Kermit's other lectures usually co-starred Beautiful Day Monster or Cookie Monster instead (or sometimes a group of monsters would be used). I know that Grover regularly co-starred with Herbert Birdsfoot during the second season, when Herbert briefly replaced Kermit, and then when Kermit returned Kermit and Grover were a regular duo. Could Grover's team-ups with Herbert have been inspiration for his team-ups with Kermit?

2. I know that it's common for human cast members to not appear in every episode, but during the first season did all human adult characters appear in every episode?