1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Puppeteer's Resources Links

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Fozzie Bear, Aug 23, 2005.

1. alfers1985

alfers1985 New Member

2. Rosie H

Rosie H New Member

Accessories

Hi, I'm new here, I hope this falls into this category...

For those of you that need small hats, bags etc for you puppets...

This is a great free program that you may find useful, what I do is trace the pattern off the monitor screen to make small puppet/doll sized hats, bags and accessories, hope this helps!

Wild Things

Wild Things!
    Hats, Bags, Footwear, and Accessories
    Embroidery Planning Tools
    Complete Program Help and Sewing Instructions
    PRICE: FREE
  3. Noteasybingreen

Noteasybingreen New Member

I'm hoping to eventually create my own Swedish Chef puppet but am wondering how I would go about doing this- i.e. materials that I would need, method in moulding the shapes out of foam etc?

Any tips/resources would be great, thanks! :hungry:
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

5. treeman

treeman New Member

I have been roped into doing some puppetry by a friend, good fun, although i don't allways admit it......any way, have you seen the price of puppets here in the UK ? well i had a look at them and in true fashion i thought ' i can make one of these ' £15 later...i now have two home made puppets. What i found is ...use a foam football or rugby ball for the head shape, cut out the lower section for the jaw and .....hey presto ! easy peasy, then some spray glue and fleece and your half way there.
  6. SallyGolightly

SallyGolightly New Member

Does anyone have tips/tutorials on wigs? I'm working off of the Project Puppet Roly, and on a male puppet...so the female wigs from Build-a-Bear are out.
  7. staceyrebecca

staceyrebecca Member

I use a long-pile fur for male wigs.
  8. alfers1985

alfers1985 New Member

9. BigByrd

BigByrd New Member

Sculpt or Coat Alternative

I may have found the alternative to sculpt or coat. the product is called LIQUITEX Gloss Heavy Gel. ive been researching for a while now, and i think this is the closest. its easier to find and easier to order try www.hobbylobby.com
  10. HauntedPuppet

HauntedPuppet New Member

If you have the rolly pattern I have a mod to that pattern to create hair from long pile fur (it is a new template that fits with the old template) and is an easy sew on step that retains the muppet style look. I can send this mod to you if you desire, just leave a PM.

Peace :)
  11. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

*Slides in and hopes nobody minds*

I know this does not have anything to do with links, but it does have something to do with resources:

Does anybody know a place that has a decent selection of fur fabrics in store? My local JoAnn's does not have a good selection in store and my local Hobby Lobby has none whatsoever.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
  12. Michael Earl

Michael Earl New Member

Learning Muppet-Style Puppetry

For classes in eye focus, lip-sync and solid on-camera technique, check out www.puppetschool.com.
  13. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Mendels online is the best place for furs--for regular stores, I don't know. I did find some perfect fur that I needed at WalMart once.

Once!

14. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I absolutely love this thread. Thanks for the info guys.
  15. Gonzo's Hobbit

Amazing Alfonzo likes this.
  16. Puppetainer

Puppetainer Member

Oh yeah, Paul is a tremendous guy with lots of info! He also recently wrote an e-book detailing much of what he's learned in his many years of working in puppetry. I bought it and learned a number of useful things! I would recommend it for anyone who is thinking about trying to earn money with puppets and puppetry. Here's the link for his book:
    http://makemoneywithpuppets.blogspot.com/
  17. Gonzo's Hobbit

Oooo, that looks like a great book. Thanks for the link Puppetainer
  18. Gonzo's Hobbit

I have a question. I'm working on a puppt know and I'm at the eyes. I really don't like how styrofoam flakes all over the place so I got balls of "smooth foam". The only problem is that I have know idea how to cut it down the middle. Does anyone have any advice? Has anyone used this kind of material before?
  19. whtrom

whtrom New Member

Does anyone know where I can get some good hollow push rods with wire in them with the handles at the end.
  20. Blink

Blink Member

Try a razor blade or a utility knife blade. You can get the replacement blades from most hardware stores.