Puppeteer's Resources Links

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
I'm not by any means an experienced foam puppet builder, but I know you can get some pretty cool things at sporting good stores in the fly fishing section. Tying flies uses a variety of marabou, ostrich, peacock, and all sorts of other feathers. They also have a product called crystal flash, which is like a fine sparkly tinsel in all different colors. If you need a small amount of feathers, you might find what you are looking for. Try Cabellas website or other fly tying resources. I used to tie flies, so I have a bunch of catalogs somewhere. I could post some links later if anyone is interested.

gfarkwort

Reaction score
whoa....if I ever wanted to make a realistic rabbit...I would use those rabbit mask's....woooo!....Creepy!.....*shudders*

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
gfarkwort said:
whoa....if I ever wanted to make a realistic rabbit...I would use those rabbit mask's....woooo!....Creepy!.....*shudders*
Yeah, I agree. They are a bit creepy looking. Animal lovers may object to some of the items. I also want to add that a lot of this stuff is also available in the Cabelas brick and mortar locations. Also Gander Mountain stores if there are any in your area. I think a lot of those synthetics would make great puppet hair.

roastnebrie

Reaction score
Puppet Hair!

If anyone has a Claire's in there mall they sell hair extentions that are attatched to scrunches that make great puppet ahir some of them come in different colors and some have maribu feathers attached to them. Just wanted to share that with ya.:smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Speaking of eyes: What about any information for oval shaped eyes? Something that can be purchased online? I am needing something about 2 inches tall.

pherzmom

Reaction score
I found these links very helpful (YES YOU, Fozzie!) awhile back, as I made my first soft potrait doll(Rockin' Ralph--Ralph Covert/Ralph's World). I'm Stuffed Fur had the "mongolian lamb" I needed for hair and Beverly was super helpful! I had to make smaller eyes than what most puppets would take, but had a blast creating them, using a clear "animal eye" and painting the back with nail polish.
Another toxic product that might be useful is a nail polish coated pipe cleaner that I bent into glasses.

doggone! I'm trying to get 10 posts, so I can send a private message, and now I also find I'm not yet allowed to post a url so you can see my doll. oh well:eek: