Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score

I cannot get people to understand that I'm not going to upload Sesame content anymore! I've explained this to people countless times, and I've even recent posted a video message practically pleading with people to stop asking me to upload Sesame content because I can't for a variety of different reasons . . . and it's like people still can't grasp that message! People still keep saying things like, "Well, maybe you can do it later, then?" Or, "How about posting on Dailymotion or Vimeo or something?" One guy even said, "It's okay, I can wait for you to post more again."

What part of I'm not uploading Sesame content anymore can people not understand? I've been nothing but patient and considerate with people regarding this matter, but I'm at my wits end with people not grasping the fact that I've said numerous times, loud and clear, that I won't be posting Sesame content anymore. I honestly don't know how much louder and clearer I can get the message across.
People still aren't getting it! I hate that it's come to this, but if people keep asking me to upload SST videos, I'm going to start blocking them altogether - I can't keep going on like a broken record about why I'm no longer uploading SST content and they choose to ignore my explanations and keep asking me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, it took almost a decade (that's right, just a few months shy of exactly ten years), but I noticed I had finally reached my 650 video limit in my favorites the other day. So, basically, I took some time over the past 2-3 days going through my favorites and deleting any videos that I had forgotten about, didn't watch anymore, or wouldn't have any heartburn over losing. There were also some that were apparently deleted or nuked for various reason that I wasn't aware of (because they didn't say "Deleted Video" or have the [...] thumbnail), and I also downloaded whatever songs I had favorited (except for two that YouTube to MP3 couldn't convert due to copyright). So now, my favorites is down to 580 - I think I should probably start being a little more mindful about what I want to favorite, lol.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Just curious...why is the limit for your Favorites playlist only 650? I mean, a Likes playlist can go up to at least 2,000, but why 650 for a Favorites playlist? Because there's one channel I know that has over 4,000 videos in their Favorites, and they've been on YouTube since 2006. Unless 650 is perhaps your own personal limit...

As for me, I personally would prefer to keep my Favorites as is. I'd kind of feel ashamed to delete videos from my approximately 8-year-old Favorites list, because I'd want to keep them for nostalgic purposes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is it a partner channel or something? Alls I know is the limit for favorites has always been 650, much like the limit for any other playlist you create is only 100 (I found that out when I attempted to create an Ultimate Sesame Playlist that included every single Sesame sketch, insert, music number, etc. I ever saw).

But in actuality, I prune my favorites list every so often to keep it within reason, because sometimes I'll find videos that have been taken down for one reason or another (copyright, channel closing, whatever), so I'll clean those out - and believe me, there's been plenty of those over the years I was disappointed to see go: most recently, Sid & Marty Krofft deleted everything from their official channel, including the D.C. FOLLIES-inspired intersentials they posted for the 2012 election. But I just happened to notice this time that I was at the 650 limit, so like I said, I went through and cleaned out certain videos that I knew I could live without. I'm like you, there's a lot of videos I wouldn't want to delete for nostalgic purposes, which is why I carefully selected the videos I removed: a lot of them were mostly tornado chasing videos - I've favorited so many of them because I used to be subscribed to a channel for such, and many of them just weren't as great as I remember.

Just going through the list, I see the very first videos I ever favorited back in 2006 were Tim Kelly doing a couple of videos with his then-new Zook and Max puppets.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm already back up to 600 favorites . . . I found a bunch of snow time lapse vids I really liked and got a little carried away favoriting them, lol. I really should stop favoriting altogether. ><

On a plus side, it looks like YT may have finally found a fix for our watch histories, because I presently have nearly 40 vids in my history at the moment (there's a lot of vids I like to watch this time of year), but it's not screwing the list up like it usually does if you have more then 20 vids. Yay.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It would appear YT is finally starting to make the new video player permanent - my GK channel has finally been affected, and so has whenever I'm logged off too. I had a moment of genius though, and added YT to my Compatibility View list, which reverts everything back to the previous player, still allowing me to watch vids in qualities other than just 360 and 720p without having to switch my browser.

It still makes absolutely no sense to me that they clearly support all other browsers on Windows 7 except IE, and they'll only support IE if it's on Windows 10 and up. I read yesterday that many people out there are actually still using XP . . . I can't imagine what kind of headaches they must be going through with an OS that old.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
On a plus side, it looks like YT may have finally found a fix for our watch histories, because I presently have nearly 40 vids in my history at the moment (there's a lot of vids I like to watch this time of year), but it's not screwing the list up like it usually does if you have more then 20 vids. Yay.
Spoke too soon. Now, if you have more than 40 vids in your watch history, then the list starts screwing up, instead of 15-20 vids like previously. So, it's an improvement, but it's still a pain to delete duplicates from your watch history, and if you delete the duplicate, it deletes the video entirely when you refresh the page.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I probably shouldn't have revealed I keep putting YT on my Compatibility View list (I say "keep putting," because YT somehow bypasses it every time I log into my official channel, causing me to have to go back and do it again), because I see now certain HD videos are now lacking 480p and 1080p playback options on the older video player too.

If this gets to a point where all videos with the old player (which has yet to happen, luckily) are affeced, then I'll no other choice but to change my browser.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
Whenever I try to watch a YT video now on my iPhone 5s, it doesn't work. I'm using it right now, by the way. I have iOS8, everything seems to be normal, but I just can't play any videos whatsoever.

Schfifty

Reaction score
So this new player skin...I honestly don't mind the new look. I don't really have anything negative to say about it. The new icon images look pretty cool.

There's one minor thing however that's been annoying me recently, and it's also occurring with the new skin. Whenever you adjust the volume on a video, you have to click somewhere else on the page to collapse the volume level. I kinda wish they'd fix that.