New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I see. Makes sense. Because if they hit with a film that does that, but does it the wrong way, it could further sink the Muppets into submission. The last few films before TM I didn't like very well. Wizard Of Oz, From Space, Treasure Island, and yes, I didn't like Christmas Carol either! The Time Travel thing looks sort of like it would be the same set-up as MFS. The Muppets live in a house together and sing one song while the others are stock licensed music. ****, MFS didn't even HAVE an original song! So, yeah, I see what you mean.
The new film got it right with both existing music for atmosphere and original music to bring the plot points, plus the added bonus of Muppet Show style song covers. Though I wish an instrumental of "Movin' Right Along" was used instead of Cars or whatever it was called.

But above all, we need a movie where the Muppets play themselves. Stoller and the rest get that. The new blood gave a fresh perspective on the Muppets the existing staff didn't have, while the existing staff helped polish up the script with their know how of the Muppets. Win Win. A combination we'll likely see here again.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Ahhh...i LOVED "Cars" and rolled with laughter at that part! It was so wonderfully fitting that as Kermit's driver, '80's Robot would have had that on the stereo system!

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
(1) What would you like to see as the plot in the new Muppet "comedy caper" type film?
Oh, I don't know, I'll have to think about that more. Maybe a big family holiday?

(2) What characters would you like to see have the leading roles?
I want Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Rowlf, and maybe Scooter and Animal to have the leading roles, with as many other muppets as possible having semi-big roles!

(3) Do you want a Muppet villain, and if so who, or would you prefer the villain to be just a human role for one or more characters?
IF, there's a villain, I think just a human villain.

(4) Whether they were in The Muppets or not, what characters do you hope have a bigger role in the new movie?
I want bigger roles for Rowlf, Rizzo and Gonzo. (I know Rowlf and Gonzo had main roles in 'The Muppets', but I didn't feel they had enough lines.

(5) What style of music would you like for the new film? Are there any characters that you hope have a song in the new movie?
The Electric Mayhem needs a solo song! (IMHO, they should of had a song instead of We Built This City in 'The Muppets')
I loved Life's a Happy Song and Me Party, but in this film I want lots more songs, sung only by the Muppets.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Maybe it'll be a cross-country story, full of mystery/chase (ala all the "Rat Race" type talk), and if so, I've got a great little scene in mind, one that pays direct homage to GMC.

The gang (Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Rowlf, Gonzo, Scooter, or any # combo of them - as long as K, F, and G are there) have just gotten off a plane in NYC, and Kermit is hailing a cab. Up swerves none other than Beauregard again, naturally.

Kermit: Beauregard! You're playing the cab driver again?
Beau: Oh sure! I figured I was so good at it last time, why not?
Fozzie: Hmm, ah Kermit? Maybe we should wait for the next one, if we go with him, we might get killed!
Gonzo: Well then what are we waiting for!?! WHOOPEEE!!!

And of course they all pile in and nearly wreck at every turn, finally crashing into their destination. :wink:

Lol, I dunno, just something I thought about just now watching GMC, one of THE funniest movies EVER!! :big_grin:

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
One idea that popped into my head the other day, was that Kermit quits and goes back to the swamp, all sad, after something going wrong. He's sitting on the same sort of log as in the beginning of The Muppet Movie, when David Attenborough comes along filming a documentary about frogs, and persuades him to go back to entertaining people.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Hopefully the end of this year and maybe first part of 2013 will hear something more about a script finally green kit and when filming will start.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I like the idea of a Great Muppet Vacation where the Muppets somehow get split up, wind up at the wrong destinations and try to find their way back to one another. The loose structure opens the door for a lot of possibilities, but I'd be happy with anything. That's just the only idea that's popped up in my head.

Powerstars

Reaction score
I like the idea of a Great Muppet Vacation where the Muppets somehow get split up, wind up at the wrong destinations and try to find their way back to one another. The loose structure opens the door for a lot of possibilities, but I'd be happy with anything. That's just the only idea that's popped up in my head.
I approve of 'dis.

Drtooth

Reaction score

Status
Not open for further replies.