Muppety Capitalism: Muppet Monopoly coming soon

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Here are the results so far based on the 7 people who have voted. 5 points went to the first character they voted for, 4 points to the next character, etc.

1. Rowlf - 23 pts. (6 votes)
2. Beaker - 17 pts. (5 votes)
3. Pepe - 14 pts. (5 votes)
4. Scooter - 12 pts. (4 votes)
5. Sam - 11 pts. (3 votes)
6. Janice - 8 pts. (3 votes)
7. Bunsen - 7 pts. (2 votes)
8. Dr. Teeth - 6 pts. (2 votes)
9. Rizzo - 3 pts. (3 votes)
10. Floyd - 3 pts. (1 vote)
11. Beauregard - 1 pt. (1 vote)

And Angus casts one vote for himself and gets disqualified. :smirk:

It's shaping up pretty much how I expected, though there are a few surprises. Who'd guess that uptight Sam would beat hipster Floyd in a popularity contest? LOL!

Poor Beau. For the record, I considered voting for him, too. I just ran out of room.

I hereby cast additional votes for the cat with the eyepatch who always appeared in the background shots of the Muppet Theater, and Stu from Muppets Tonight. (hee hee)

Seriously, folks, the voting is NOT done yet. Your votes can affect who gets chosen for the chaser pack! Cast your ballots now!

MrsKalabash

Reaction score
Originally posted by Monopoly Guy
I actually joined making the game after all the properties were already decided, though there was a brief debate concerning the money. :wink: When it was said that Kermit would be on the $500 and Piggy on the $100, I said, "I don't think Miss Piggy would like that very much," and the reply was, "Yeah, but she wouldn't be where she is without Kermit." :stick_out_tongue: Can you tell this was a game made by fans for fans?
Hmmm. Well, in THIS fan's opinion, "The Muppet Show" wouldn't have gotten where it - uh - got without Miss Piggy. She was by far the most popular character during the show's first run.

Just the facts, ma'am. :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
So I was just wondering if each property has a photo of that Muppet on it? Or is it drawings, because generaly Muppet drawings are not very good, (see stickers)

I guess that they would have used photocopys of the Muppets. Also are the Penguins/chickens in different poses on each card or are they the same and are they photos?

Monopoly Guy

Reaction score
Hey, Okay! Okay?
While working on this game, at some point everyone in our graphics department here was talking like Pepe, okay. :wink: There was MUCH humming of the Muppet Show theme song while we worked as well.

Just wait until you see the beautiful game board Okay Okay did for this game. We've been looking at the final printouts these past few days and the whole game is just really looking great and we couldn't be more excited about it.

Do I get to vote too? If so:
Beaker
Rowlf
Sam
Pepe
Janice

As far as I can remember, there aren't any illustrations that made the final cut and all the images in the game are photographs--whoops! just remembered the line art drawing of Kermit on the deed card backs--so all the board spaces, deed card fronts, Chicken/Penguin cards, etc. utilize photographs of the Muppets. The chickens and penguins are all the same on the card backs.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok, ok, that sounds great.

And at least we HAVE the c and p cards.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Mine are...

Beaureguard
Scooter
Janice
Floyd
Zoot

Chilly Down

Reaction score
The new totals:

1. Rowlf - 31 pts. (8 votes)
2. Beaker - 25 pts. (7 votes)
3. Scooter - 21 pts. (6 votes)
4. Pepe - 18 pts. (7 votes)
5. Sam - 14 pts. (4 votes)
6. Janice - 13 pts. (6 votes)
7. Bunsen - 7 pts. (2 votes)
8. Dr. Teeth - 6 pts. (2 votes)
9. Beauregard - 6 pts. (2 votes)
10. Floyd - 5 pts. (2 votes)
11. Rizzo - 3 pts. (3 votes)

I'm counting Monopoly Guy's and Okay Okay's votes. They're voting as fans, not the manufacturers. :smile:

Rowlf and Beaker retain their top positions, but it's a close race for the remaining spots. Scooter has more points but less votes than Pepe. Same with Sam and Janice. The voting isn't closed till people stop voting or the extension line comes out, whichever comes first. Keep your votes coming in, folks! Yours could be the deciding ballot!

CD
(who also knows how horribly addictive it can be to talk like Pepe, okay...)

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Oh! i want's to vote's too okay?:wink:

ROWLF IS WINNING!

Rowlf
Pepe
Rizzo
Sam
Beaker

Zack)Rowlf the, hmm, Sweetums, Bunsen, Scooter, and Statler and Waldorf would make good one's too! Dog.

Okay! Okay?

Reaction score
The Tokens Have Arrived!

Okay! So the tokens just came in off the first production samples for photography for the packaging, and WOW they look good OKAY! OKAY?

Our sculptor had many revisions to do to get them just right, and they are very cool...... I have my favorite, which I didn't think would have been so based upon the initial concepts, though it turned out wonderfully...any guesses?
:rolleyes:

Thanks Chilly Down for keeping a running tally of votes for the alternate/chase possiblities. One never knows if these things will happen, but it sure would be great to know that if it does happen this community was influential in the selection!!!

OKAY! OKAY?