1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppets to star in Pizza Hut Super Bowl Commercial

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Zack the Dog, Jan 24, 2004.

1. jediX

jediX Active Member

I have an ATI All-In-Wonder video card that enables s-video, composite, and analog - in video signals. So, I merely run my video reception program (Ati's "TV" app), import it into my editor (I use Pinnacle 8), then export it so it is cut. Cheaper to record things as mpegs and then save them to dvds or cdr's than on vhs, which is mediocre at best. You're a techy person, so I'll assume you know what I just said. ;) Oh, and no, I don't pirate these things, so I'll never be uploading them/sharing them. Not like they're hard to procure on vhs anyway ;)

Anyway, just a commentary. It seems like they are going back to the mediocre Animal voice that they used on Kimmel. The Animal in 'Very Merry...' was annoying enough, but this is just crossing the line. He is no longer throaty and lacks the style he used to have, AND SHOULD STILL HAVE. No offense to whomever is performing him, but frankly even I can do a better Animal, and I'm not an employee of Henson. Wait. That's Disney now. Crap.
  2. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Yup. Gotcha. :)
  3. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

I consider myself to be somewhat of a "techy", but you lost me there.
  4. GonzoGirl

GonzoGirl New Member

Well I finally saw the non-jessica commercial...they aired it on channel 7 right after Kingdom Hospital began. I guess the Jessica Simpson one is more interesting, but I nearly spit Dr.Pepper across the room from laughing when Animal came down and yelled "SAUSAGE!"
  5. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

There is two versions of the non-Jessica one now, One with Piggy at the end and one with Kermit at the end.
  6. guysmiley4ever

guysmiley4ever New Member

muppets only commercial

:) Wow, can ya believe it? They're playing the "Pizza Hut" Commercial with Muppets only.
    That one is sooo much better than the one with J. Simpson.
    She just made it goofy, I like the one with just Muppets. Awesome!!
  7. AndyWan Kenobi

Now, why does that not sound like somewhere I want to eat...

;)
  8. guysmiley4ever

guysmiley4ever New Member

ttthhppht! :p

thanks me dear
    :zany:
  9. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Yeah, they do tend to play the Muppet's only one more often these days. I really want to take back what I said before about it being dull. After seeing it over and over again, I really like it. I guess I preferred the Jessica Simpson commercial because it was centered more around :mad: and her line "STEP AWAY FROM THE FROG!" Lol.
  10. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

I like them all as long as the Muppets are on TV!!
  11. AndyWan Kenobi

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. "Pizz Hut" sounded so unappetizing... ;)

In other news, I finally saw the Muppets-only commercial on yesterday's Simpsons rerun. I really liked it! Nice mayhem...
  12. GonzoGirl

GonzoGirl New Member

Two? Argh...I saw the one with Kermit at the end...
  13. Daffyfan2003

Unappetizing? Are you insane, man? I have a coupon for the "Free for all" pizza and that looks so good, I just want to make a mad dash to the restaurant. Lol.

Oh, well. To each his own, I guess.
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Daffyfan...

I think the unappitizing joke stems from the fact that guysmiley left the a out of Pizza... making it Pizz hut....

Anyway, did anyone notice they've added something to the commercials?

:) : Want something green with your Pizza?
  15. AndyWan Kenobi

No, don't get me wrong. Love "Pizza Hut," but the post I was responding to (before editing) read "Pizz Hut"--I was just being a typo-correcting geek. I didn't mean it to be jerky, actually... I just was a little turned off by "Pizz," whatever that is...
  16. Daffyfan2003

O.K. I see.
  17. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

There is another new Muppet Pizza Hut commercial on, it stars Miss Piggy, and at the end she throws Gonzo.
  18. Daffyfan2003

Oh, my gosh! I hope I see that one soon. I'll probably have some time to watch TV tonight, so maybe I'll catch it.
  19. GonzoGirl

GonzoGirl New Member

:concern: Miss Piggy throws Gonzo? *hands on hips* Not nice.....(I haven't seen that one, yet...have to watch for it)
  20. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member