Muppets Auditions Sept 2005+

MrsPepper

Reaction score
You'll want to bring a fall jacket as well as a winter jacket (since it probably won't be very far above freezing point, and if you bring two jackets, if it is warm or cold, you will be covered), and some gloves.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
It's been between 6-13 degrees in Toronto this week so definately jacket weather and gloves wouldn't hurt either just in case.

Who all is coming to Toronto to do this?

wes

Reaction score
Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile: :excited: :smile:

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
It's been between 6-13 degrees in Toronto this week so definately jacket weather and gloves wouldn't hurt either just in case.

Who all is coming to Toronto to do this?
And I tought that 60 deegrees was cold. Sweet mother Teresa!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
That's celcius, Muppet Monkey. In fahrenheit that's about 43 - 55 degrees. BTW, for anyone interested I posted suggestions for hotels (if you need them) earlier in the thread. I'll have a little more info up later today.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I haven't been up with the boards, but yes i'm going. it's not a far distance from me at all!:smile: Good luck to everyone who is going!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
For the dinner I am thinking maybe we can go to a nearby Jack Astor's which is nice and not too expensive. I know of a few non-MC puppeteers who expressed interest in coming, although they won't be auditioning. I'm sending a private message to everyone who's indicated that they're going to the auditions, if I've missed you just post in this thread or send me a PM.

Also, post any Toronto-related questions as well.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I have sent an email with info about the dinner to everyone who replied to my emails and PMs...we're planning on having dinner at Jack Astor's at 144 Front Street West. I can send you more specifics, a map and group contact info if you PM me.

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
Well, just got back from the auditions. I was number 42 and our whole group of 10 got cut. I feel like an idiot, and keep kicking myself because . . .
I didn't fill out the back side of the audition form. I did not check that I could do any Muppet voices! Why didn't I turn over the page?!?
I was prepared to perform Kermit, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Animal, Gonzo, Waldorf, Bert, Ernie, Grover, Big Bird and Elmo. I heard other peoples voices and I know mine are better. Rob Barros was the only person I heard with a good Kermit voice (and an awesome Kermit puppet). I'm sure there were other good voices that kept quiet. Zack the Dog's puppet Sabastian was really cool.

Well, I drove 550 miles from Indianapolis and got to lipsync for Kevin for 2 minutes. I had to go and try or I would be 80 yrs old and still kicking myself for not trying to be Kermit, but now I will always be kicking myself for not turning over the page and checkmarking the voices. Please convince me it wouldn't have made a difference!