Muppets at the Smithsonian

LawnChair

Reaction score
I got to go last week when I was visiting my sister. It was sooo cool! I loved seeing Rowlf, especially since one of my oldest stuffed dogs is named after him.

I actually did get a picture of Kermit. The guard told me to just put my camera away when he noticed. I didn't see the No Photography sign. But the picture was taken at such a high res. and large scale that you can even read the plaque next to him. :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It's nice to know you were able to get a few momentos, even if you unknowingly risked trouble to do so.

FrogInTheGlen

Reaction score
I can't wait until the exhibit comes to Seattle next year...I'll be there for sure!

jomama

Reaction score
Henson at the Smithsonian

Just got back from Washington DC and a visit to the International Gallery at one of the Smithsonian Buildings. They have a great exhibit of Jim Henson and I would highly recommend anyone going to see it. The display is there until October I think, but they have a 1970's Kermit, Gobo Fraggle, Bert and Ernie, and quite a few other puppets. There are also video interviews with Jim, as well as some of his early drawings and designs.

Biggest suprise was the size of Bert and Ernie. They are HUGE!

Go if you can, it is well worth the time.

Sue

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Sue, we already have a thread that mentions this. Here it is.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Can someone post their pics (if you snagged any)?
You do know that photography was forbidden within the exhibit, right? Thus, if someone snagged a photo & put it out on the 'net, the exhibit people could find out and get on their case.

jomama

Reaction score
I didn't see this thread before I posted my own about the exhibit. It was excellent!

ngreen522

Reaction score
My sis has requested my presence in D.C. this weekend, so It looks like I'll be dropping by the exibit once more. Maybe I can convince her to tag along!