Muppets at the Smithsonian

grouchman

Reaction score
thank you.

so far, the only mention i can find in other online searches is that no "flash or tripod photography" is permitted. doesn't say anything about non-flash or video.

would still appreciate hearing from anyone who can add more details.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The people don't allow pictures inside, because the puppets are in mint condition and they need to be in a controlled environment with little light in order to keep them that way.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
I am so angry about this traveling exhibit. The only place it is coming to in California is Fresno? Why Fresno? I hate Fresno! It's too far 4 1/2 hours. Why not LA or even SF with all the museums?

At least I saw Henson's Ogra at The Academy of Motion Picture Sciences a couple of years back.

Fresno? That is insane...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Hey! We travelled out of state to see it (and to see the rest of Washington DC, too)!

ngreen522

Reaction score
Well, I traveled 3 hours by bus. (listening to muppet music the whole way) It was definitely worth it! I'd probably have traveled the 5 hours, as long as I didn't have to do the driving! Any friends or family along the route to Fresno that you could have a meal with, ..... or even bunk with for the night?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, I traveled 3 hours by bus. (listening to muppet music the whole way) It was definitely worth it! I'd probably have traveled the 5 hours, as long as I didn't have to do the driving! Any friends or family along the route to Fresno that you could have a meal with, ..... or even bunk with for the night?
Plus, carpooling could also help.

elizabear

Reaction score
local stop for me on the exhibit tour

First I was sad that this exhibit had opened after we visited Washington, DC, but when I did a quick Google search I discovered the tour itinerary - in 2010 it will be about 10 miles from me!:excited:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm in our nation's capital right now as we speak! While I wasn't able to see the exhibit in time before the Gallery closed for the night, I'm sure it'll be fantastic! :smile: