MuppetFest: Discuss Original and Your Dreams

BEAR

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me a little more about what Muppetfest is about? I've never been to one but I think it would be so fun. Is it a Muppet Central arranged thing or what? Who organizes something like this?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
MuppetFest is just the icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned; I just really want us all to get together and par-TAY!

beaker

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
MuppetFest is just the icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned; I just really want us all to get together and par-TAY!

Well why is it Farscape and Firefly fans have these big ol conventions, when those shows didnt last very long and are more recent affairs...
yet they have a gillion more hardcore fans than the Muppets
(There seems to be way more fans of Henson's Farscape, than of the Muppets themselves)

Yet the Muppets, over 50 years old...nothing. Heck franchises of much newer and more obscure/less well known stuff has huge conventions. The video game comic "Penny Arcade" gets thousands of people to their annual convention.

Anyone know why

1) Muppet fandom is still so small/fringe
2) Why Muppetfest is the only gathering weve had?

BEAR

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:

I'd definitely be up for it if I can!

unclematt

Reaction score
I suggested this several times on this forum. If we at Muppet Central can pull together with those at Tough Pigs and Muppets.com we could have a great fest. There is no doubt in my mind

beaker

Reaction score
unclematt said:
Muppet Central can pull together with those at Tough Pigs
It would be easier getting Israel and Palestine to a full blown peace settlement. Seriously:frown:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Beaker, are you a member of both? I don't get why there is so much attitude between both forums. I've said before that I would join there but they have a rule about posting with your real name, and I am very private, so I don't join. Otherwise I'd go over there myself and see.

beaker

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Beaker, are you a member of both? I don't get why there is so much attitude between both forums. I've said before that I would join there but they have a rule about posting with your real name, and I am very private, so I don't join. Otherwise I'd go over there myself and see.
Well, aside from the fact that Tough Pigs permanently banned myself and many of my friends here several years ago, they never update their site.

However, they are partially responsible for this, one of the greatest muppet resources online: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_Wiki

Now me, people can no my blood type, dna strands and social security number for all I care, but I agree thats a lame rule if people want to remain anonymous. Plus I ALWAYS hated Delphi forums. I like BBcode way better.

But yeah, 2007 for the Muppet gathering win? I'll travel to Kalamazoo,
Anytown USA or tribal regions of Afghanistan to go to a Muppet convention!

unclematt

Reaction score
I really think that if we want to have a Muppet Fest again we have to call some kind of truce with those at tough pigs