1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

MuppetFest: Discuss Original and Your Dreams

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by zns, Jan 4, 2006.

1. zns Active Member

I've noticed that a lot of people have talked about another Muppetfest being in the works, however, because of Disney owning the Muppets, people have said it may not be possible ever again:( . I would really like there to be another on. I missed the first one and I could just kick myself:grouchy: . I hope that someday, we can all get together again to meet the people we love, especially the Muppets.:)
  2. MuppetQuilter Member

This thread pops up regularly. There are no new answers.

Yes, there was talk of another Muppetfest. Yes, that was a while ago. Yes, Disney owning the Muppets changes everything. Some of the Henson folk seemed to enjoy Muppetfest and showed interest in another. It isn't up to them, now. Will Disney decide to hold a Muppet fan convention? Maybe. Maybe not. No way for us to know.

If Disney does decide to hold a Muppet convention, you can be sure it will be announced and well publicized here.
  3. Fozzie Bear Moderator

There were possibilities of a MuppetFest in 2003, but those plans fell through after company changes at both Creation and JHC. Now, of course, it will all be up to Disney's MHC. There for a little while, I hoped JHC would do it again while they were still in good cahoots with SW (then CTW) but after the sale to Diz, I doubt there'll be a possibility of a cross-over!

There were about 45 threads with the same question and only about 2 posts on each topic!

I think for the sake of saving confusion, though, I'll merge and lock all those other threads and keep this one open for the discussion of the one and only MuppetFest and discussions of future possibilities.

There are 3 different possibilities here: 1) Corporate run convention by Disney/MHC, 2) Fan Run Convention (but it would require folks from MHC/JHC/SW to be successful), 3) Muppet Central Fest where everyone just gets together and goofs off all weekend.
  4. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Good ideas Foz, but I doubt Number 3 would work considering our wide fan base in so many different countries. I mean, what would an MC Fest be without Beauregard, DanDanStrawberry, Vibs, etc.?

And I doubt that MHC would have a merger con with JHC and SW. But as said at Palisades, "Anything is Possible!"
  5. zns Active Member

We just gotta keep believing is all.;)
  6. Buck-Beaver Active Member

I think - and this is just pure speculation - that the best we can hope for would be some kind of event at the Disney theme parks similar to the Star Wars Weekends. That would seem to be the most likely thing to do, but who knows?
  7. MrsPepper Active Member

Yeah. To get some of the people you mentioned, prawnie, and others on top of that, you and me included, we'd have to wait a few years until most of us are out of school and somewhat financially independant, since quite a few of the regular posters are students.
    Also, location would be impossible, if it were just us goofing off for the weekend. Though I do think that would be the most plausible choice. I still wanna do it!! :halo: Even if I can't go, some people should plan it.
  8. muppetperson Well-Known Member

It is interesting when you say some of the Henson folk enjoyed Muppetfest and showed interest in another.But when you think about it,there was never a fan convention of that magnitude under Henson ownership.Although it was the Jim Henson Company at the time,it was being managed by EMtv in Germany.As for another Muppetfest,I hope Disney will put more effort into it than what they did at the Disneyanna convention to re lauch The Muppets.I beleive there was only 2 Muppets there.:sympathy:
  9. Vic Romano Active Member

Perhaps Muppetfest would haqppen easier if it were instead a Hensonfest. It'd be real tongue-in-cheek as far as "not mentioning" the Muppets or SS, but I'm sure there'd be a way around it. Wink wink. ;)
  10. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Well, for a HensonFest I would prefer a FRAGGLEFEST! LOL!! Seriously, though, there could be a HensonFest for all the Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and Fraggle Fans!
  11. MuppetQuilter Member

I would be shocked if Sesame Workshop wasn't willing to work with the Henson folk if they wanted to do a Hensonfest. There wasn't a lot of Sesame at Muppetfest, but Elmo was there. The trick (beyond convincing someone with the power to make it happen and finding a way to make it profitable) would be getting MHC to work with the others. I don't see that happening anytime soon.
  12. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Yeah. The sad thing is that there won't be any more cross-overs in the movies or TV specials. I always loved when SS showed up with The Muppets.

They'd all have to just find a way down...but, it wouldn't be worth anybody's time (even if they're close) to make a fan based trip without someone from MHC/JHC/SW and some characters "on hand."
  13. Vic Romano Active Member

Well MC and TP are the biggest fan sites around, so I'm sure there'd be some kind of sponsorship as well maybe?
  14. Fozzie Bear Moderator

For me, I'd love to have all the folks from MC and TP together. I'd be like the trash-heap bringing the Fraggles and the Gorgs together! LOL!! Only kidding of course, but I have friends at TP that I love as well as here.
  15. beaker Well-Known Member

Yeah a Hensonfest would be pretty awkward, given they seem to be heavy on history revisionism. The closest we may ever see I believe will be a Muppet themed day at a Disney theme park...and, if that happens, will Muppet fans from all over attend? I know I'd be there, wherever it'd be held.

Isn't it funny how they have(or had) a couple big Farscape cons a year? Farscape, a Brian Henson show that lasted a couple years, has way more of a big internet fandom/fanbase than the freaking Muppets/Sesame Street? This is sad, and as of 2006...Muppet fandom, as I said back in 1998 on here, is underground.

Yeah EMTV put an end to that in 2000.

As it stands:

The Muppets, Bear in the Big Blue House=Disney
    Sesame Street=Sesame Workshop
    Fraggle Rock, Animal Jam, Hoobs, etc etc=JHC with HIT, etc.

Is it possible that there simply is no more interest in our beloved characters? Or is it just poor script writing, poo ideas, and no ambition to get em out there anymore?

That would be quite lame...as we've seen form recent Henson mini film fests, they seem to omit anything mentioning the Muppets. That's like the Pope not mentioning anything Catholic. JHC is and will always be the Muppets.
  16. beaker Well-Known Member

And you'd have me too! It'd be quite spiffy and rad to meet all of you who have come onto MC since 2001! I think no matter where it'd be held, it's be a pretty fun and exciting geek out adventure.
  17. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Well, if it were a fan run convention I bet that, with the right sponsorships, certain individuals from the production companies would be available.

You have to pay for their round-trip fare, hotel, and food.
  18. Infinity Sirius New Member

Well, what if we petitioned Disney and/or JHC and/or SW? Or maybe we could just hold a fan convention, find some sponsors, do advertising, get some guests, and book a hotel or convention center.

Look at all the comic book, Star Wars, anime, sci-fi, and other fandom conventions that are fanbased and are run by fans for the fans. Why couldn't we do something like that?
  19. Fozzie Bear Moderator

There is a LOT of hard work and planning to get this all pulled together for a full-fledged fan-base-run convention. Just even the simple Southeastern Chapter of the NCS meeting we organized in October '05 was a LOT of work.

Maybe if there were a committee to do this?
  20. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

i really think we need to frome a muppet centeral comettie. One to setup metteings have like a leader bord Phil cant do it all. this site has grown so much i think we need it. That way we would be able to really do somthing like a muppetfest, or anything else. You know what would be neat haveing an yearly muppet central get to gether not just about muppets but our fun and games and puppetering abd all of it. We could have some diffrent kind of booths setup and what not. We could also do a muppet cental e mail thing that dont just give news bulletens but like a bi weekly cool little e mail what you think. I have lots more good ideahs e mail me if anyon is interested. Lets make this the best and biggest fan based web site out there.