1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Wizard of Oz to film in September

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Yes, that will be worth seeing the movie for...but maybe only that...
  2. Randlev

Randlev New Member

Of course, anybody that knows the story of Wicked the musical, not the book (they're so different, I happen to prefer the musical story, but that's only because it fits with the MGM film), might see that Piggy having a thing for Kermit in this new movie wouldn't be such a crazy idea. wink, wink
  3. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

You know they will have something with Piggy and Kermit anyways. Just which Piggy is the question. ;)
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I do still hope that it's all at the Muppet Theater and they're doing a production of it on their stage.
  5. The Good Doctor

The Good Doctor New Member

Muppet Theater

Now that is intresting I never thought about that angel before. It really would b great if it took place a the old Muppet theater, a great and grand production. Complete with back stage moments, zany and heart warming. Sam the American Eagel appled by they way they have changed a clasic American Story, Piggy hogging up the spot light, Gonzo with some weird ideas about his character. And of course you would have E.M. Band providing music and original songs, that would be just great. :excited: :)
  6. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

That's a good idea. :)
  7. Beauregard

But, not going to happen, sorry.
  8. Gideon

Gideon New Member

any one know when and how the movie is coming along i've been very busy playing football i just dont wanna miss the debut
  9. PHDSwing

PHDSwing New Member

The movie wrapped two weeks ago and is scheduled to air on ABC in May...durring sweeps I believe.
  10. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

This is true. ;)
  11. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

They are aiming for a May/April TV airing and then a DVD/VHS release shortly afterwards. It all depends what else is in the Wonderful World of Disney line-up for the year, and when they finish in post-production.
  12. The Good Doctor

Fraggle Rock

Does any one know if there are more Fraggle Rock DVD's cooming. I have the first one with the pilot episode, I got at Walmart. Will all the seasons be released on on DvD?
  13. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Apparently there is another one coming out in January, as well as a season set later next year, but that info is in another thread. ;)
  14. The Good Doctor

Fraggel Rock

Do you know which thread?
  15. Amazing Mumford

Amazing Mumford New Member

16. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Back on topic:

Did you all realize that filming on MWoO has wrapped??!

YAY!!

I'm too excited, methinx!
  17. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I'm excited as well. :excited:
  18. Beauregard

I'm middle of the road on this issue. If the pig was Dorothy, I would be as excited as the rest of you, but with it being who it is, and with Pepe as Toto I can't join the celebrations just yet. Have to wait and see, I guess.
  19. The Good Doctor

Muppets OZ

I have to reserve the rest of my judgment until after I see the film. Considering that I am a huge OZ fan and collector there are some high standards that I will be holding this film to. Over all I think it will be good to see the Muppets back in action again and I expect it to be a good time no matter what. :) :cool: :sing:
  20. Beauregard

*crosses fingers*