Muppet or Man?

beaker

Reaction score
Phrasing it that way just gave me a big ol' fangirl sigh. :big_grin:

My dream: if Labyrinth is given a sequel or reboot, get Miyazaki. Heck, we practically got a Jareth cameo in Howl. He gets my vote. :smile:
Miyazaki doing...live action? Only a few anime directors make that transition(Momoru Oshii being one of them)

Well, there was the Dark Crystal and Labyrinth mangas(well Ameri-manga) I could imagine an anime like Labyrinth!

beaker

Reaction score

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Even though I'll be turning 31 in a few months, I still feel like I am in the 12-18 range, and that it will never change. I watch cartoons, I love looking around the toy aisle at Target and dreaming of playing again, and I don't really think like a "normal" adult. If somebody asks me what I want for my birthday, I don't say "coffee maker" or "purse"; I say "Ducktales Season One DVD" or "Playmobil set" XD Somebody once told me that I have "The wishlist of a 12 year old!".

Like Walter, while the people around me change, I pretty much stay the kid. This can get me a lot of funny looks, naturally. My dad, sister and bro-in-law are into the Muppets, and my parents always tell me that they love me, but I still feel lonely a lot of the time. I get jealous of people I know that found a "special someone," but I try to tell myself that I don't have to deal with all of that drama, and I won't feel pressured to do "intimate things." I don't know if I'm asexual or what, but my idea of love is more like handholding and hugging, you know? Is that really so odd? :frown: I've yet to be asked on a date, but maybe by the time I'm 40 that will change (LOL).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If somebody asks me what I want for my birthday, I don't say "coffee maker" or "purse"; I say "Ducktales Season One DVD" or "Playmobil set"
My friends and I have watched the Ducktales DVDs together, lol. So it's not too weird in my circle I guess. Nostalgia is in right now, lol.

A coffee maker seems more like the kind of gift you'd ask for at a wedding shower anyway.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I get jealous of people I know that found a "special someone," but I try to tell myself that I don't have to deal with all of that drama, and I won't feel pressured to do "intimate things." I don't know if I'm asexual or what, but my idea of love is more like handholding and hugging, you know? Is that really so odd? :frown:
I wouldn't consider that asexuality but more along the lines of "friendship"-type love compared to "romantic"-type love. I lean closer to that side as well, and it can be awkward, especially since of the whole college hook-up culture sort of thing in my case. One type of love isn't better than the other, but it can be harder to find people who are closer to handholding and hugging type because (in my opinion) they tend to be a little shyer. As long as you stick with whatever makes you feel comfortable with yourself, then I think things will work out for the best.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ Thank you :smile: I hope my little schpell didn't make anybody uncomfortable.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
^ Thank you :smile: I hope my little schpell didn't make anybody uncomfortable.
Ha ha don't worry about that! I think everybody has these kinds of concerns to some degree and anybody who claims they don't worry about relationships must be living in complete denial or something.

robodog

Reaction score
Just popping in again to say that I agree. Cyclops Beaker is AWESOME!

beaker

Reaction score
BRILLIANT picture!!! Also been checking out your youtube videos, pretty cool.

To what some were saying...
Aw, my life would probably be easier if I was asexual/not a hopeless romantic. Heck I often think things would be easier if I was gay.