Muppet Listings 8.0

Thijs

Reaction score
Nice work Count! Are you planning to put it on the net? It's a lot better then all those very uncomplete guides at the moment available on the internet.

By the way, why are there humans included? Isn't it only meant for puppets?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment, Thijs. To answer your questions.
1 No, this listing isn't just for the puppet characters associated with all of these wonderful Henson productions. For the human characters, yes the living, this list is meant too. So when they get to my door, tell them Boris sent you! The list's rully meant to compile all the characters that have appeared on the shows throughout the years, and that includes human characters but not celebrities nor guest stars of TMS if that's what you're thinking that this list could be expanded to. Originally, my intent was to get just the three main branches, Sesame Street, The Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock; but after all the vonderful help from fellow forum members and other websites, I decided to expand it to the movies and TV specials for those three branches and The Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight since the two of those could be considered as new versions of The Muppet Show.
Currently considering if it should be extended to other licenses as Luke suggested, but I'd like to see what others think before making a decision. And those who are interested can make the case either for or against stuff like Bear in the Big Blue House, World of Dr. Seuss, Muppatops, and the like.
2 Yes, at some point I'd like to get this list on the internet hosted at some site of my own. The list is just phase 1 of my master plan. Right now, that's all I can do since I'm studying for a law degree. But once that's finished and I've taken a course in independent living, then the real work will begin. The rest of the project entails actually getting funded sponsorship (probably through the National Federation for the Blind) and going to Henson HQ to do real research. Get photos of the characters to go with the listing, textual verbal descriptions of the characters, go over all the episodes from the productions with an assistant of my own and one of theirs to ask if each new character seen would count as a Henson production character as denoted in my master listing, get episodes reviewed, take down notes for the shows and songs and sketches and episode numbers/airdates, etc. All in hopes of producing a triple threat: printed version as a definitive textbook/encyclopedia of the entire Muppet Universe, audio cassette version of the print version for my fellow visually-impaired community members, and a massive website hosting all the information gathered as mentioned above yet not limited to just that which has already been mentioned.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Luke

Reaction score
Wow, very very impressed with all that. Great job !

Thijs

Reaction score
Wow! big plans Eduardo! I hope your dream will come true.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Hey Count, I noticed someone you forgot! I'm not sure if he can be included, but Otto the Octopus from the "It's Not Easy Bein' Green" Muppet sing-a-long video :big_grin: He was really funny in it. :smile:

Thijs

Reaction score
Hey Eduardo,

I would surely add the Mopatop characters. Not only it's a big thrill because, like SS, there are so many episodes and characters, and because they are Muppets. They don't look any different from SS or TMS muppets. Some old TMS characters even appeared in Mopatop. The Hoobs don't look like muppets at all, and Bear characters are somewhat different too.

Thijs

Thijs

Reaction score
Hey Eduardo,

to more things:

1 I forgot you asked about Homer the Honker. In Jim Henson The Works there is a chapter about Sesame Street. There is a pic of the green honker, and under the picture it says: Homer. So for years now he is called Homer among muppetfans.

2 I saw that you are missing two grandmothers:

- Forgetful Jones' Grandmother: she is in a skit with Forgetful Jones of course. Grandma goes on holiday, and Jones brings her to the boat. But after saying goodbey, they both don't remember who was the one going on a holiday. So they decide to take a look in the suitcase. The suitcase is full of Granma's clothes, but then they forgot why they looked in the suitcase. Then the boat leaves and they decide to wave at the departing people.

- Herry's Grandma: I have never seen the skit she is in (Herry's Family Song) but she is on the SSE from the beginning.

I advice you add those two characters.