Muppet Listings 8.0

Thijs

Reaction score
Hey Eduardo,

About the stop-animated characters, I see your point why you added them. But isn't it a good idea to add something to their list-entry, so that people can tell the difference? I'm sure many people want to know if it's a muppet or not. Just like you did with the human entries, by adding the name of the actor.

About the cereal girl: no that doesn't make her a character, but it does give her the right to be put on your list. And "Cereal Girl's Dad" and "Cereal Girl's Dog" is good.

I am very excited about the list and it is fun helping making it complete, although my muppet-knowledge is far below some other members here. The more individual characters it contains, the better, I agree. I just wish you add Mopatop's Shop, because of the interaction with Muppets and Fraggles. And I would think about Little Muppet Monsters too. They also interacted with The Muppets. It's frustrating that there are missing so many characters on the list, especially SS and some TMS, but that's exciting too!

Thijs

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure, Thijs. Still not 100% sure as to whether I'll add Muppatops. Still waiting for a convincing argument either for or against its inclusion in the list. As for Little Muppet Monsters, I considered it, but again still not fully sure and waiting sufficiently strong argument for their inclusion. Though their show did take place in the basement of the Muppet Theater and they were present at the 30th Anniversary Celebration ( I remember them from when I still had good sight as to their appearance in the show and in the 30th Anniversary Celebration poster that came with the Best of the Muppet Show music cassette.)

When I get a chance, these next four are up first for inclusion: Follow That Bird! The Adventures of Elmo In Grouchland (for which I finally have a reason to see it), Hey Cinderella! and The Frog Prince which I just got from Justin. And if the episode's there as well, I might get you pics of the broadcasters from WOOF Radio, but I can't promise anything yet since I still haven't seen the VCD's. Hope this helps and have a good day.

BlueAM

Reaction score
Two more clarifications, Count:

There is a Sesame Muppet called Gina (not the human, of course) on your list. You obviously mean Deena Monster and since she's listed, delete the Muppet Gina from your list.

In addition, by "Convincing John's Back-Up Singers", you mean the Fraggeles or Fraggeletes or something. I could be wrong, ya know!

Here are some questions:

Could you also try to include entries for all the unnamed Whatnots and Anything Muppets? In the case of AMs, could you include the AMs from "J Friends" and the Four Dragons skit, or should they have separate entries?

Also, I think that there were two different unnamed AM babies. One (female) sang "I'm a Baby" and the other (male) sang "I Cry". The latter was a little purple AM, I think. Could you please try to put them both on the list even though there is an entry for "The Baby"?

Also, how about the hipster and dullard that drew shapes in the air? The hipster was purple with (I think) shades and the dullard was orange with a LOOOOOOOOOng nose. Could they have separate entries as well or could they be in the Anything Muppets entry?

Here are some descriptions:

Phil Harmonic: He's the lavender live hands AM with a black mouth and a pink tongue, grey hair, a big pink nose that ends at his mouth (kinda like Biff), grey eyebrows, half moon-like pince-nez glasses, a black jacket, a black bow tie, and a red flower in his lapel.

Geefle: He's green with big yellow eyes at the top of his head and fur in that area, and fur around his neck.

Gonk: He's blue with, like Geefle, big yellow eyes at the top of his head and fur in that area, and fur around his neck.

Hope these descriptions help!

Thanks and have a good night!

BlueAM

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
BlueAM, thanks for the descripts, love 'em and keep 'em coming! To clear up a few of your points.

1 As for the two babies you mentioned, they've both been listed. The Baby would be the female AM baby who sang the song "I'm a Baby!" and the name of the male baby AM who sang the song "I Cry" is Baby Rocky.
2 As for the entry of a monster named Gina, I'll have to check the source website which yielded that one before offering any counter-evidence towards its continued inclusion. But if after that you still help me out by confirming or denying that it's actually Deena, then I'll be receptive to a plan of action towards that particular entry.
3 As for the hipster and dullard who drew shapes in the air, that's a sketch that I've been asking about for the longest time. Was the name of the hipster AM Same Sound Brown? Or would this be the famed "Purple Guy" performed by Northern Calloway? If it's indeed Same Sound Brown, then he's already included. But on the other hand, if you can confirm that this is Purple Guy, then he'll be added for the next update.
4 As for an all-encompassing entry for Anything or Whatnot Muppets... I've tried to be as generous with that category as possible, every new character who fills that category who has a name gets listed by name. Though the four AM's from the J-Friends song/sketch would constitute a specific example possibly added as an entry on its own, I believe it would be best to exclude the remaining AM's unless we keep researching and come up with names for all. The point is that I think it would be too overtaxing to have a single entry for each miscellaneous unnamed AM who appears in any and all sketches throughout the differing Henson productions included on the listings. Another thing to consider is that without a name, noone would really know which AM we're talking about without a description of what the character looks like which would then change its entry from a given character's name and enter the realm of the second grand phase for my Muppety project (getting descriptions of what the characters look like for each character from the production studios themselves whenever I get the chance to go to NYC on the basis of carrying out this massive research project.)
5 As for the Four Dragons AM, would you happen to have the names of any of the characters involved in that sketch? If so, please post them here with a description to know who's who. If not, what would be a suitable entry designation for them: the Four Dragons Anything Muppets?
6 As for the balls of fur, how best do you think it would be to list them; either as the "Eight" Balls of Fur or as the "8" Balls of Fur?
Thanks for the help and have a good night.

Beauregard

Reaction score
'Eight' Balls of Fur and you may want to mention their colours. I can't remeber them now, I may be able to tell you later, but maybe not.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Beauregard, do you rully think it would be necessary to have all eight balls of fur listed by their specific colors? Or would it be sufficient to just have an entry for the group and then save the assignment of their individual distinguishing colors for a descriptions index or section unto its own containing all character descriptions? Thanks for the help and have a good day.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think it should say "Eight Balls Of Fur: Red, Blue, etc..."

Or

"Eight Balls of Fur (Red, Blue, etc...)

Bye,

Count Von Buearegard

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion Beauregard, but I think the entry will state "The Eight Balls of Fur" for now. That is, unless someone can provide the colors of each individual ball of fur to distinguish one from the other thus meriting eight distinct entries.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
BlueAM, just to clarify or explain my position on your previous points.

1. It should be Ferlinghetti Donizetti, not Donizetti Ferlenghetti.
Well, I asked about this character's name before and it was ssetta (a fellow forum member) who told me that the name I ascribed as the character's correct name in its proper entry was correct. If you have information to the contrary, please explain it further to me.

2. In TMM, Professor Krassman was played by Mel Brooks, not Sid Caesar.
Rully? Always thought it was Sid Caesar who played that role. And though I have confirmation on this point by fellow forum members in another thread, can't rully confirm one credit or the other until I rent the movie and have someone help me out by reading that particular character's performer from the end credits.

3. In addition, by "Convincing John's Back-Up Singers", you mean the Fragglelles or Fragglettes or something. I could be wrong, ya know!
Well, no, I meant Convincing John's Backup Singers as denoted by their entry in the listings. The reason I denoted them as such was because they had no name like the "Fragglelles" or "Fragglettes" and I couldn't add them to the list without a name to identify the characters. If they had such names as the ones you've suggested, they would've been added to the listing as such, but since they don't they're listed as Convincing John's Backup Singers Hope you can understandmy point.

4. Also, I think that there were two different unnamed AM babies. One (female) sang "I'm a Baby" and the other (male) sang "I Cry". The latter was a little purple AM, I think. Could you please try to put them both on the list even though "The Baby" was already listed?
Both of these characters have already been added to the listing. The female AM baby you speak of who sang the song "I'm a Baby!" was added under the entry of "The Baby." The male AM baby you speak of who sang the song "I Cry!" was added under the entry of "Baby Rocky."

5. There is a Sesame Muppet called Gina (not the human, of course) on your list. You obviously mean Deena Monster and since she's listed, delete the Muppet Gina from your list.
As for this little bit of controversy, I'm gonna ask you a favor. Please check out the following website:
http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~csilvers/muppet-characters.html
Once you've visited the site, scroll down towards the Sesame Street section. You'll find that there's an entry for Deena and Pearl Monster (two distinct characters) as one entry and Gina (a monster character) as another entry in the SS Muppets portion and an entry for Gina as performed by Alison Bartlett O'Reilly amongst the SS Humans portion. Please see if the entries in this website's list have images of the characters next to their names. If so, compare for yourself if Deena and Gina are the same-looking but end up being two different characters thus meriting individual entries; or if they're identically alike characters thus discrediting the entry of Gina in my listing. And once you've seen these characters, should there be images of them next to the character names listed on this website, please provide textual descriptions of these two for me so that I will know how to tell them apart if possible.

6. Also, how about the hipster and dullard that drew shapes in the air? The hipster was purple with (I think) shades and the dullard was orange with a LOOOOOOOOOng
nose. Could they have separate entries as well or could they be in the Anything Muppets entry?
Need your help again. Was the hipster Muppet of this duo the infamous "Same Sound Brown" voiced by Northern Calloway? If so, then said character has already been added to the listings. On the other hand, would this hipster Muppet be the mysterious "Purple Guy" also voiced by Northern Calloway? If so, then he'll be definitely added to the listings under that entry. As for the dullard Muppet from this duo, not sure how to proceed on that subject. Should he be added under the entry of "Dullard Muppet"? Or as an "Orange-Headed Anything Muppet"? Please let me know how you'd feel about this subject.

7. Could you also try to include entries for all the unnamed Whatnots and Anything Muppets? In the case of AMs, could you include the AMs from "J Friends"
and the Four Dragons skit, or should they have separate entries?
OK, already expressed myself on this subject, but here goes.
A. The J-Friends could be added to the list seeing as how these four Anything Muppets are from a specific sketch/song and anyone who reads through the listings will be able to identify/recognize them cause they appeared in that specific sketch/song.
B. As for the Four Dragons Anything Muppets, how would it be best to add them? Under the entry of "The Four Dragons Anything Muppets", or as "The Four Dragons' Anything Muppets"? Please let me know how best to proceed on this subject.
C. As for the remaining non-named Anything Muppets, I feel it would far too overtaxing for my personal project to list each and every Anything Muppet or Whatnot Muppet who appeared on the various Henson productions without having a name. It's not that I'm unsympathetic with your suggestion, it's just that I feel it would be: (1) far too much work to just fill the listing with entries that would tend to be more of a description of the character in question rather than its proper name; and (2) would present a problem to anyone reading through the listings as that they wouldn't be able to recognize or identify the character nor the sketch/song/clip/source where the character appeared in and find that character themselves amongst the Henson productions themselves.
Hope this helps my case, that you understand my position, that you can continue to provide your support for the Muppet Listings project, and that you have a good day.

BlueAM

Reaction score
The Count said:
BlueAM, just to clarify or explain my position on your previous points.

1. It should be Ferlinghetti Donizetti, not Donizetti Ferlenghetti.
Well, I asked about this character's name before and it was ssetta (a fellow forum member) who told me that the name I ascribed as the character's correct name in its proper entry was correct. If you have information to the contrary, please explain it further to me.

2. In TMM, Professor Krassman was played by Mel Brooks, not Sid Caesar.
Rully? Always thought it was Sid Caesar who played that role. And though I have confirmation on this point by fellow forum members in another thread, can't rully confirm one credit or the other until I rent the movie and have someone help me out by reading that particular character's performer from the end credits.

3. In addition, by "Convincing John's Back-Up Singers", you mean the Fragglelles or Fragglettes or something. I could be wrong, ya know!
Well, no, I meant Convincing John's Backup Singers as denoted by their entry in the listings. The reason I denoted them as such was because they had no name like the "Fragglelles" or "Fragglettes" and I couldn't add them to the list without a name to identify the characters. If they had such names as the ones you've suggested, they would've been added to the listing as such, but since they don't they're listed as Convincing John's Backup Singers Hope you can understandmy point.

4. Also, I think that there were two different unnamed AM babies. One (female) sang "I'm a Baby" and the other (male) sang "I Cry". The latter was a little purple AM, I think. Could you please try to put them both on the list even though "The Baby" was already listed?
Both of these characters have already been added to the listing. The female AM baby you speak of who sang the song "I'm a Baby!" was added under the entry of "The Baby." The male AM baby you speak of who sang the song "I Cry!" was added under the entry of "Baby Rocky."

5. There is a Sesame Muppet called Gina (not the human, of course) on your list. You obviously mean Deena Monster and since she's listed, delete the Muppet Gina from your list.
As for this little bit of controversy, I'm gonna ask you a favor. Please check out the following website:
http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~csilvers/muppet-characters.html
Once you've visited the site, scroll down towards the Sesame Street section. You'll find that there's an entry for Deena and Pearl Monster (two distinct characters) as one entry and Gina (a monster character) as another entry in the SS Muppets portion and an entry for Gina as performed by Alison Bartlett O'Reilly amongst the SS Humans portion. Please see if the entries in this website's list have images of the characters next to their names. If so, compare for yourself if Deena and Gina are the same-looking but end up being two different characters thus meriting individual entries; or if they're identically alike characters thus discrediting the entry of Gina in my listing. And once you've seen these characters, should there be images of them next to the character names listed on this website, please provide textual descriptions of these two for me so that I will know how to tell them apart if possible.

6. Also, how about the hipster and dullard that drew shapes in the air? The hipster was purple with (I think) shades and the dullard was orange with a LOOOOOOOOOng
nose. Could they have separate entries as well or could they be in the Anything Muppets entry?
Need your help again. Was the hipster Muppet of this duo the infamous "Same Sound Brown" voiced by Northern Calloway? If so, then said character has already been added to the listings. On the other hand, would this hipster Muppet be the mysterious "Purple Guy" also voiced by Northern Calloway? If so, then he'll be definitely added to the listings under that entry. As for the dullard Muppet from this duo, not sure how to proceed on that subject. Should he be added under the entry of "Dullard Muppet"? Or as an "Orange-Headed Anything Muppet"? Please let me know how you'd feel about this subject.

7. Could you also try to include entries for all the unnamed Whatnots and Anything Muppets? In the case of AMs, could you include the AMs from "J Friends"
and the Four Dragons skit, or should they have separate entries?
OK, already expressed myself on this subject, but here goes.
A. The J-Friends could be added to the list seeing as how these four Anything Muppets are from a specific sketch/song and anyone who reads through the listings will be able to identify/recognize them cause they appeared in that specific sketch/song.
B. As for the Four Dragons Anything Muppets, how would it be best to add them? Under the entry of "The Four Dragons Anything Muppets", or as "The Four Dragons' Anything Muppets"? Please let me know how best to proceed on this subject.
C. As for the remaining non-named Anything Muppets, I feel it would far too overtaxing for my personal project to list each and every Anything Muppet or Whatnot Muppet who appeared on the various Henson productions without having a name. It's not that I'm unsympathetic with your suggestion, it's just that I feel it would be: (1) far too much work to just fill the listing with entries that would tend to be more of a description of the character in question rather than its proper name; and (2) would present a problem to anyone reading through the listings as that they wouldn't be able to recognize or identify the character nor the sketch/song/clip/source where the character appeared in and find that character themselves amongst the Henson productions themselves.
Hope this helps my case, that you understand my position, that you can continue to provide your support for the Muppet Listings project, and that you have a good day.
I think that the dullard should go under "Dullard Muppet", while the hipster was, I believe, the "Purple Hipster", since Same Sound Brown is the little brown AM.
In the case of the Four Dragons, there was a storyteller (lavender AM), the Emperor (also lavender), the Emperor's son who was also the hero (green AM), and the evil prime minister (blue AM with balding black hair, purple eyelids, black eyebrows, and a green nose). These may not be good descriptions, but this is all I know.
As for the AMs and Whatnots, I suggest you include ALL the unnamed AMs in one entry called "Anything Muppets" and all the unnamed Whatnots in one single entry called "Whatnots".

Hope this helps and have a good night!

BlueAM