Muppet Listings 8.0

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help Tommy.
1 As for the Muppatops, haven't made up my mind on those ones. Still need more arguments either for or against.
2 As for Homer the Honker, you say this is a green honker. Does it also have sort of blueish hair and is its green fur sort of light green or green-yellow? If it is, thenI'd say we've got a bit of confusion on our hands. The reason being, that Big Bird said that honker's name was Martha von Beethoven the Honker when Bob asked incredulously as to whether Ludwig von Beethoven composed a concerto for two Honkers violinist and seal.
Thanks for the help and have a good day.

Thijs

Reaction score
1 Hmm, I really hope you add Mopatop. I once saw an episode with Lenny the Lizard in it. Very cool.

2 Yes, that's him. I would add him if I were you. It's not the first time they used the same puppet for two characters.

Thijs

Reaction score
Hey Count, I watched some old Sesame Street episodes today, and I found some characters you are missing:

The King with the two noses
The Queen with the two noses
The Princess with the two noses

They are in a skit with Elmo. The princess wants to play with Elmo, but the parents don't allow that because he has only one nose. They say it's not possible for somebody with two noses to play with somebody with one nose. Elmo and the princess show it is possible.

Spalding Monster

He is from Monsterpiece Theatre, from the play 'Monster in a box'. Spalding has to go in the box, but he does it wrong all the time. On the box, left to the box, but Cookie 'helps' him in the box.

Old Macdonald's animals

I have a skit with Kermit (as reporter) at Old Macdonald's farm. It ends in an aerobic session, lead by his cow. The following animals appear in that skit:
-swan
-goose
-cow
-two pigs
------------

I discovered more characters, but I only have their dutch names, so I have to find out what their names are in English.

greetings Thijs

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips Thijs, or are we back to our screen names now?

Spalding Monster. I know the Monsterpiece Theater sketch of which you speak, but I never knew that monster had a name.
Could you please, describe what he looks lkike?
The Two-Nose Dynasty. (Just calling it that for purpose of lumping the three characters you mentioned there for now.)
If you could, please describe what they looked like. And what episode they appeared in as well.
As for the Old McDonald News Flash, I know the one you speak of. It's always funny to hear Richard Hunt's Old McDonald tell Kermit that they just installed a jacoooozie in the farm. And then to hear Kermit's incredulous response.
Do you think that the animals should all be listed individually? Or would it suffice to just have an entry for Old McDonald's Farm Animals?

Well, I'll definitely update the list with any and all new characters you guys think should be there. Hope this helps and have a goood day.

Thijs

Reaction score
The Count said:
Thanks for the tips Thijs, or are we back to our screen names now?
No, Eduardo:smile:

About descriptions, thats my weakest point, mainly because of my colourblindness. Save that for later. Just add them.

You know I am pro-individuality in guides, but it's your choice. I would separate the animals and the two-nose dynasty. Do what you did with The Counts Classmates:

The Two-nose Dynasty: The King
The Two-nose Dynasty: The Queen
The Two-nose Dynasty: The Princess

Do the same with Mac's animals.

About Spalding, he is a kind of Grover like. He has a sad look in his eyes. He has a nose. Don't recognize his colour. I guess purple.

Another thing. Isn't it a good idea to add the girl from 'Cereal Girl', and name her The Cereal Girl?

Thijs

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thijs, to clear up a few things. Don't worry about the descripts in terms of colors if that's your weakest point, just try to do the best job possible in describing the characters as best you can and that's good enough for me (knowing that you gave it your best effort.)

1 Spalding Monster, he'll be added.
2 Homer Honker, he'll be added.
3 Forgetful Jones' Grandmother, she'll be added.
4 Herry Monster's Grandmother, she'll be added.
5 The Two-Nose Dynasty/Royalty, do you think this would be the best way to list them? That term was just a term I coined for a quick reference so that you'd know which characters I was asking you to describe. Thought the best way to list them would be as you listed them in your previous post: The King with Two Noses, The Queen with Two Noses, and the Princess with Two Noses. But if you feel this would be best, I think I'll try it and see how it sounds to me.
6 Old McDonald's Farm Animals, guess I'll end up adding them individually seeing as I've done so for other groupings of characters like them as well.

7 "Cereal Girl" You bring up a point on which I'm glad to ask about. This is one character I was thinking of adding but wasn't sure about her naming. Sure, she sang the song "Cereal Girl" earning her that monicker; but she also sang a song called "It's In the Drawer" as a spoof of Betty Everett's "It's In His Kiss" or "The Shoop-Shoop Song." So do you think it would be accepted by most to just call this character the Cereal Girl and add her? Or do you feel that such appelation would be wrong and just leave her on the wayside with all the miscellaneous unnamed Anything Muppets?
Thanks for the help and have a good night.

BlueAM

Reaction score
GREAT JOB, COUNT!! Luv your list!

First, a few clarifications:

1. It should be Ferlinghetti Donizetti, not Donizetti Ferlenghetti.

2. In TMM, Professor Krassman was played by Mel Brooks, not Sid Caesar.

Here are some more characters you should add:

The Eight Balls of Fur (from Chrissy's song "Eight Balls of Fur"). They are all balls of fur, each a different color, with striped Big Bird-like legs and little feet. Hope this descript helps!

I'll be back with more descriptions (or more characters as well), so keep it comin'!

BlueAM

Thijs

Reaction score
The Count said:
Thijs, to clear up a few things. Don't worry about the descripts in terms of colors if that's your weakest point, just try to do the best job possible in describing the characters as best you can and that's good enough for me (knowing that you gave it your best effort.)

1 Spalding Monster, he'll be added.
2 Homer Honker, he'll be added.
3 Forgetful Jones' Grandmother, she'll be added.
4 Herry Monster's Grandmother, she'll be added.
5 The Two-Nose Dynasty/Royalty, do you think this would be the best way to list them? That term was just a term I coined for a quick reference so that you'd know which characters I was asking you to describe. Thought the best way to list them would be as you listed them in your previous post: The King with Two Noses, The Queen with Two Noses, and the Princess with Two Noses. But if you feel this would be best, I think I'll try it and see how it sounds to me.
6 Old McDonald's Farm Animals, guess I'll end up adding them individually seeing as I've done so for other groupings of characters like them as well.

7 "Cereal Girl" You bring up a point on which I'm glad to ask about. This is one character I was thinking of adding but wasn't sure about her naming. Sure, she sang the song "Cereal Girl" earning her that monicker; but she also sang a song called "It's In the Drawer" as a spoof of Betty Everett's "It's In His Kiss" or "The Shoop-Shoop Song." So do you think it would be accepted by most to just call this character the Cereal Girl and add her? Or do you feel that such appelation would be wrong and just leave her on the wayside with all the miscellaneous unnamed Anything Muppets?
Thanks for the help and have a good night.
5 I thought you knew the sketch and you knew that they are called that way. No, just call them: The King with Two Noses, The Queen with Two Noses, and the Princess with Two Noses then. That has one big advatage. A new Q-character! About their descriptions: they are monsters with two noses.

7 Hmm, I didn't know she did more songs. But the fact that she sang more then one song makes her a character. But now we have the naming problem. On the SS Encyclopedia, you can find Mr. Johnson as Fat Blue, not as Mr. Johnson. And everybody knows that monster-girl (who has a real cool looking dad) as the 'Cereal Girl'. She is to cool to leave unadded, but choose for yourself. I think you should strive to add as much as possible characters. (On the other hand, I do not agree with the fact that you added non-Muppet characters, like 'The King of Eight'). O and if you add her, you can add her dad and dog too.

Thijs

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, Thijs.
About the sketch with the two-nose royal monsters, no, I've never seen that sketch and as I said the above term was just as a referencial term to talk about all of them together without having to mention each one by name over and over. Ah, but my friend, you look at it the same way I do! At least another Q character!
As for the non-Muppet characters, the King of 8 and others. These are stop-animated characters and not real Muppets true. But they did appear on SS and they do have at least some physical tangible form, the little stop-animated figure used to make the sketch, so in my mind that's all the reason needed to add them.
As for the so-called Cereal Girl monster... you say that since she has more than one song it makes a character. Why's that? And would you feel comfortable with having the others as "Cereal Girl's Dad and Dog" respectively?
Oh, and yes, I do strive to list at least as many fully differentiated characters as possible. How do you think my listing's gone through as many revision versions as it has and gotten as long as it has? The thing that keeps amazing me is that with each episode of SS I watch, it generates at least one more new character for the list.
Well, take care and have a pleasant morrow.