Muppet Listings 15.0

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Here's some more, from "Mopatop's Shop":

THE DELPHINIUM: One of the flowers from TMS's John Denver episode who is orange.

MRS. CHAREY-SHAREY: The same puppet as Raymond the Porcupine.

IGGY MICKEY: One of the Inkspots with beady eyes and glasses.

SINGALOTTI'S SINGING LETTUCE: A cabbage with lips with an operatic voice.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks TSF, these'll be added. That brings up to one away from 3500 entries.
Added most of what I could from Muppets Wizard of Oz, still have some questions though. Should I post them here in hopes of getting some answers?

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
The Count said:
4 In the Florence Henderson episode, there's a character listed as "Tiny". Who is this, and should he be added?
Tiny is one of the Bouncing Borcelano Bros. Performed by Richard Hunt.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks again, will post when I have all my MWoO questions ready.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, here are the remaining questions I have concerning MWoO characters.
1 Should Sam the Eagle be added as "The Emerald City Doorman"?
Should Sam the Eagle be added as "The Soldier" as listed on www.toughpigs.com's cast list?
2 Should Scooter be added as "The Wizard's Assistant"?
3 Should Bunsen and Beaker be added as "The Emerald City Scientists"?
Though these Muppets appeared as themselves, they could be added per the headings attached with the role they played within the structured Emerald City hierarchy.
4 Should Clifford be added as "The Poppy Field Club Owner"?
5 Should "The Crow" and/or "The Cow" be added? Or should they be left off the list?
6 Was Very Old Tom the same character as Really Old Tom from MTI?
If these were two different characters, please describe how they differ from each other.
7 Who was the character identified as "Spotted Dick"? Please describe what it looked like.
8 What were the four forms the Wizard adopted during interviews with the main gang?
Also, please provide the actress's name who portrayed the chicken temptress.
9 Who was the character named "Floyd", part of the Flying Monkeys?
This was the character who replied that the Witch of the West's bathwater was topped off with water from the hose, just before she started the "I'm Melting!" routine.
Hope to get some answers from you guys soon, and have a good night.

SesameMike

Reaction score
What about Cookie Monster's cousin?

He appeared in a street scene around 1974-ish, and looked remarkably similar to CM except for the cowboy hat he wore all the time (looked so similar that the adults just thought he had an identity crisis.) This monster had a penchant for apples -- he turned a whole bin of Mr. MacIntosh's fruit cart into an array of apple cores -- but I'm not sure if he was ID'ed as "Apple Monster".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... I'd hesitate to have any of them designated as "Fruit Monster" unless that's confirmed in the dialogue of the episode as to what they called him.
Cousin Monster is already listed, I'll just have this as Cookie Monster's Cousin for now until someone can step up and provide true name ID for the character.

Oh and BTW, please help out with the MWoO questions posted above. You can reply either in this thread or the "MWoO Character Questions" thread also found here in the Classic Muppets section of the forum.
Hope to get some answers soon from you guys.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Can you explain to us what these characters are?

The Army Officer (TMS)
The Elephant Drummer (TMS TV Movie, from TCT)
Otter (TMS)
Sam Turtle (TMS TV Movie, from EO)
Summer Squall (SS)
Sy, the Pastrami Farmer (SS)
Teenage Monster (SS)
Tom Wolf (SS)
The Toy Cars (TMS TV Movie, from TCT)
Wooden Jumping Man (TMS TV Movie, from TCT)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... If you're asking for descripts, I'm the wrong person to ask for given my blind batty eyes.
In fact, I'm the one usually asking for descripts of characters to know what they look like myself.
But if you want explanations of who/what they are, then that I can help you with.

The Army Officer (TMS)
Ruth Buzzi TMS episode. There's a sketch where she's being interrogated by two different Muppets. One of them, voiced by Frank Oz, is Boppity. The other, voiced by Jerry Nelson, is listed in MC's guides as "Spy". However, talking it over with Muppet_dk, we decided that "The Army Officer" was more appropriate given his military secretarial post in the sketch.

Otter (TMS)
Beverly Sills TMS episode. Kermit says that Ms. Sills will be doing an operetta called "Pigolletto". Then, three animals show up backstage demanding that they have an operetta about them performed on the show as well. A cow shows up and asks for Madam "Butter"-fly, a goat shows up and says that they should do "Goaterdamne", and an otter shows up demanding La Trevi-"Otter". Robin then shows up and tells his uncle there's an opera for frogs as well, "Lowen-Green".
The Goat's already listed, and the cow's one of the group already listed, but the Otter wasn't.

Sam Turtle (TMS TV Movie, from EO)
During the special, when Alice and Emmet are talking about the money Emmet's earned from odd jobs, Alice asks about the money Sam Turtle gave Emmet.
Emmet says that they didn't get any money for fixing Sam Turtle's steps, cause the kids were the ones who ruined the steps to begin with. Basically, an offscreen character that's part of the community.

Summer Squall (SS)
The fastest horse in the world. An episode of SS from Season 21-25 shown on Noggin, where Buster gets smitten cause the fastest horse, Summer Squall, has come to SS to spend the day.

Sy, the Pastrami Farmer (SS)
From another Season 21-25 SS episode. This is one of the characters in the magical kingdom of Kanarssee, New Jersey, where we learn of the origins of the Grand High Triangle Lover and how he instituted the Triangle Lovers' Club.

Teenage Monster (SS)
From a Season 30-31 SS episode. This is the one where Telly gets the Super Turbo Teen Power Pogo Stick from his uncle. Teenage Monster is the one who ends up riding the pogo stick perfectly, leading to Telly wanting to ride it even though he's too young.

Tom Wolf (SS)
This is the brother of Virginia Wolf. They showed up at the end of an episode where Big Bird was dressed up as a "Blue" Riding Hood for a visit to his Granny Bird. Unfortunately, he got lost and happened upon the cabin of the wolves' grandmother. Big Bird then introduced Tom and Virginia Wolf as the granny wolf's grandchildren towards the end of the episode.
Obviously, two more for the spoof category.

The Elephant Drummer (TMS TV Movie, from TCT)
The Toy Cars (TMS TV Movie, from TCT)
Wooden Jumping Man (TMS TV Movie, from TCT)
These are all miscellaneous background toys featured in The Christmas Toy.
MuppetDude's the one who helped me get all the main characters and background toys to have a complete cast for this special.

Hope this helps and have a good weekend.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
I have a new question:

What do Begoony and Mudwell the Mudbunny look like?