1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Film and TV References

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by GuySmiley, Jun 1, 2002.

1. Vic Romano Active Member

Oh wow, they're still there? That is so freakin' awesome!
  2. Fozzmit New Member

In one Simpsons episode, I forget which one exactly, The Simpsons were in jail, and so was Elmo.
  3. Gelfling Girl Active Member

For the celebrity question on Who Wants to be a Millionaire? just now, the question was about the species of Oscar's pet Slimey, and the question was asked by Grover. :D:super::grouchy:
  4. Gelfling Girl Active Member

Murphy, Sam, and Jodi sure are Muppet fans. :) They did a recipe for Swedish meatballs today, and they were trying to think of things that are from Sweden. "Sam, the Swedish Chef is from Sweden." :hungry:
  5. Teheheman Well-Known Member

It was Bart Mangled Banner, and apparently there was another reference on the Simpsons last night where Ralph said that he had a dream like Martin Luther King, only his dream was that Elmo, Toy Story and him had a party or something like that. I remember the dream part, I just didn't remember who was in the dream.

Daniel
  6. Drtooth Well-Known Member

His exact line was "A dream is where Elmo and Toy Story had a party and I was invited." The drawing was of him, Elmo and Buzz Lightyear.
  7. AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Or quite possibly . . . "Martin Luther King had a dream. Dreams are where Elmo and Toy Story had a party, and I went there!"
  8. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Just saw a commercial for Gordon Ramsay, where he's gonna be fixing up a restaurant run by a warring divorced couple. He calls them Muppets. :p
  9. APRena New Member

I think it's like a common British insult, but it still makes me laugh. :p
  10. hoopless Member

It is a common British insult, but I don't get insulted, it makes me proud :D
  11. Davina Member

question then becomes.. why would anyone think being called a muppet was an insult....
    hrm...
  12. Gelfling Girl Active Member

As posted on Facebook by Jodi:
    "Murphy and Sam are just like the two old guys in the balcony on The Muppet Show. Just like them! Except not as funny."

:boo: :sleep:
  13. haakonsmary Member

Not only are they still there, so is a beer can they left on the floor! Preserved forever behind the glass! :D
  14. haakonsmary Member

I didn't catch the whole episode of Community, but at the very end, two characters were dressed up as Bert and Ernie and they did a bit as them, then they "ate" cookies and had the cookies fall out of their mouths just as though they were Muppets.
  15. Gelfling Girl Active Member

On an episode of Jeopardy today, one of the three contestants mentioned that their father was the man they named Oscar the Grouch after. :grouchy:
  16. Vic Romano Active Member

Just saw this. She also mentions The Muppet Babies heavily too, but nods to the Muppets a few times in that video, which to date, I think is her best and most compelling.

On the Howard Stern connection again:
    Howard 100 news today covered Stern's stylist Ralph Cirella's opinion of producer Gary "Bababooey" Dell'Abate and his Techno Beaver costume, claiming it was of poor quality. Cirella went on to say that if someone reputable, like "the Jim Henson Shop" designed the outfit, it would have some merit.
  17. haakonsmary Member

In The Office webisode "The Mentor" part 1, Erin says that The Count was her favorite part of Sesame Street, and then impersonates him.
  18. Gelfling Girl Active Member

19. haakonsmary Member

Saw a Red Bull Flugtag commercial on Hulu with a homemade flying machine in the shape of Super Grover.
  20. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Not sure how many of you ever saw the show "The Odd Couple" (it's about 2 divorced men named Felix & Oscar who live together.Oscar's a slob & Felix is a neat freak.) Well Felix had a nose job & he had a bandage over his eyes.He wanted to know what time it was.So he started dialing the phone for the time.It was an old fashioned phone (it had a dial instead of buttons) So Felix was counting:
    Felix(trying to find the holes) : 1,2,3,4,5,6....Six! dials the number 6
    Again:1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8..Eight!
    Oscar:I feel like I'm on "Sesame Street"!