Muppet Film and TV References

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Go to Muppet Wiki and access the category: Muppet Mentions for a complete list of every TV/Film etc that have mentioned/spoofed Muppets.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Uh...on Pimp my ride, Xzibit (spelling?) says that the interior of this one car was "big Bird" yellow, if that counts as a reference

muppetsforever

Reaction score
the rainbow conection

On PBS (well duh) :big_grin: maybe someone can help me with this....

on pbs, the have there own self promotin comercial. it stats with an old clip from SS with Kermit and a kid and shows all kids of clips from various shows on pbs. all the while someone is singing a remake of the rainbow conection. I think it sounds like sarah mclachlan. It is absolutly beautiful.

can anyone confirm this?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was watching the show Maya and Miguel once... and on the episode where they lose their pet parrot in school, Maya looks in a trunk to see if he's there, and something interresting pops out. I waited for this episode to air again, and after 3 viewings I found out what it was....Dr.Teeth's EXACT arm. Not kidding. It looks just like it... green hand, frilly cuff, red and blue-ish (purple-ish... ) sleeve.

muppetsforever

Reaction score
scooter289 said:
They then find this sheet and pull it to unveil that Jim Henson and Kermit the Frog were tied up and locked inside the vault! I can't remember what exactly Mickey said after that because I was laughing so much.

:smile:
Mickey said, " He wouldn't sell! He wouldn't sell!!" ( in an almost sobing explanation)

Vic Romano

Reaction score
On the Howard Stern Show, producer Gary Dell'abate, is constantly teased by song parodies where they replace the lyrics with his nickname "Bababooey". On his new home on Sirius satelite radio, they've used both "Mahna Mahna" and "The Muppet Show theme song".

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I got another mythbusters one! A few weeks ago, during the "Crimes and Mythdemeaniors part 2" episode. They were testing that by covering yourself in something to absorb sound, you can get by this cetain alarm. Anyway, The one decided to try using shag carpet, and it bright yellow. She said she'll look like a puppet in it and the guy at the store said "You'll look like big bird"

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I've got one...but it isn't exactly funny. In fact, it's the exact opposite.

It was an episode of the documentary show 'Forensic Files.' In addition to the Muppets, my all-consuming interests include detective work and forensic science, and FF is one of my favorite shows.
This episode was the story of a little girl who was kidnapped during a Christmas party in 1989 or 1990. To this day, they still haven't found her, but they caught the guy who did it.
The investigators had only a few clues: for example, the girl had been wearing a fancy blue sweater with a Big Bird patch on the front. They tried to find a copy of it to compare with fibers found in the suspect's car, but couldn't...but then the wife of one of the detectives remarked that J.C. Penney was the only store that carried a Sesame Street line of high-end kids' clothes.
Because of that, the detectives were able to get a sample of the sweater and match it up to the fibers. And that's how they caught the guy.

Sad story, yes, but it's nice to know that in a way, the Muppets helped snag a criminal.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The Muppets and the Discovery Channel, what a lovely marriage! :flirt: