1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Film and TV References

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by GuySmiley, Jun 1, 2002.

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

On last night's new episode of The Big Bang Theory the gang was dressing up as the Justice League for a New Year's Eve costume party and when Penny wouldn't go as Wonder Woman, Sheldon suggests they just go as the Muppet Babies instead.

Raj: "The Muppet Babies? Again? Okay, fine, but I get to be Kermit."
    Sheldon: "No, no, no. I'm Kermit. You can be... Scooter."
    Raj: "No, not Scooter! Scooter is the Aquaman of the Muppet Babies!"
  2. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Wait, wait, wait- what is that supposed to mean? Scooter is the Aquaman of the Muppet Babies? Really now, that is a tired old joke. Aquaman does more than just talk to fish, you know. He has mental telepathy with them so he commands marine life like jellyfish to sting people or whales and sharks to eat people and aid him in other ways. He's also incredibly strong underwater and fast when swimming. And he's King of Atlantis and generally doesn't care much for surface-dwellers but he deals with amiably enough when he feels like it.
    I've always liked him pretty well along with all the other Justice League of America members. (Okay and most DC and Marvel superheroes in general.)
    And what's with cracking on Scooter? Scooter's cool- he was obviously one of the smartest of the Muppet Babies considering that he was doing computer programming at the age of like 3.;)
    -Okay, sorry- just had to say that.:)
  3. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

Yeah, totally! :scary::) Especially since he's my fave character on the show so far.
    But he chose "Porcelain" instead...:sympathy:
  4. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

On Regis & Kelly today,Kelly was saying that she gets mistaken for Prairie Dawn sometimes. (Sorry, but I don't see it)
  5. shadow Pumpkinh

shadow Pumpkinh New Member

6. shadow Pumpkinh

shadow Pumpkinh New Member

Also In the recent THOH episode of the Simpsons, in the Twilight spoof, The Count is seen with other famous vampires.
  7. haakonsmary

haakonsmary Member

An homage to the doorknockers from Labyrinth appeared in a recent comic book issue based on the Angel TV show, Angel: Illyria: Haunted #2.

When the doorknockers first appeared, I thought it was just a visual reference, but then they made a joke about an oubliette in the second panel.

I uploaded that panel here if anyone wants to see it.
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I hate to post Sesame Street ones here, but I recently saw a season 6 Fairly Oddparents episode "Fairly OddPirates" and these pirates were plundering a baseball stadium shouting "AAARRRR" each time.... at one point, there are 2 OBVIOUSLY Sesame Street looking characters holding the letter O and the letter R, and they take the R.
  9. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

Robot Chicken S05E07 " Skeeter's Revenge"

i don't want to spoil it
  10. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. Since you brought it up I sort of notice a slight resemblence between the two of them.
  11. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

I honestly thought that would have a thread all of it's own, ;)
  12. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

13. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

Here's another reference from Glee:

In the episode "Theatricality", the girls in the club and Kurt perform Lady Gaga songs, and the other guys perform songs by KISS, and they're all dressed up as the singers. At one point in the episode, Rachel walks into the choir room wearing a dress with a bunch of dolls and stuffed animals stapled to it, and Mercedes comments something along the lines of "looks like the Kermit the Frog outfit."
  14. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

Some guy on the golf channel (558 where I live) made a funny comment about one of the competitors in some tournament (I don't remember which one), and I guess the guy who was playing was from Sweden, so this guy who's talking about the competitor from Sweden starts talking like the Swedish chef (and he sounded EXACTLY like the Swedish Chef)!
  15. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone else posted this but on the Scott Pilgrim vs the World DVD, in the commentary with the director and author of the books, the director mentions that he wanted the film to feel like Sesame street with all the hidden number (7) and letter (X) references. He later makes a comment about how in the part where Scott keeps saying "wow" as Lucas Lee is skating down the rail, the last "wow" he wanted to sound like Beaker and aparently told Cera to pretend he was a muppet. He then said he could picture Frank Oz puppeteering him.
  16. hoopless

hoopless Member

Oh yeah I forgot about that. (love Scott Pilgrim btw) I may have made it up in my head, but I seem to remember them saying something about Oscar the Grouch too? Don't remember what if anything though.
  17. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

On American Dad last night they had one of Steve's friends using a Fozzie puppet to tell jokes, then later you see a cabbage patch talking and singing, which kind of reminded me of the You Don't Want My Love number from when Roger Miller hosted.
  18. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

About a week ago I saw the kids hostings between shows on the ABC, a 5 minute interlude with a sleazy yet amusing remark. The hosting blocks are "Giggle and Hoot" hosted by a man in a strange outfit and an owl puppet (puppeteered by the wonderful Mal Heap I believe). ANYWAY a child submitted a drawing to the programme of the two eponymous hosts, Elmo and Abby; with Hoot (the owl) sighing "Ooooo Abby Cadabby" in the sleaziest, most drawn out way possible - complete with eyelid mech fluttering!
  19. bazingababe24

bazingababe24 Member

On American Dad last night, we find out that Jim and Kermit were imprisoned in the Phantom Zone for trying to sneak into heaven! Also, the actor assigned to both of them did their voices exactly the same! *LOL*

Jim: Forgive us!
    Kermit: You will bow down before me, Son of God!
  20. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

No offense if you're a fan of this show, but that kind of sacreligious scene is why I don't care for "American Dad" and much of the rest of its ilk... The Son of God bows to no one but we will all bow before Him one day (Philippians 2:9-11)
    And there is no way to sneak into Heaven- you can only get in through the Gate- Jesus Christ. (John 10:1-18)