Moderation Proposition

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
Well said, Sarge. It would be easier for both Phillip and Ed if there's at least one more mod around here.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I don't know...that seems like a bad idea to me :/

I'm afraid people will turn it into a popularity contest and vote for people they like, not people they think would be a good mod...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At least Phil is aware of this thread's existence, or at least, it appears he's at least looked at it.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I don't know...that seems like a bad idea to me :/

I'm afraid people will turn it into a popularity contest and vote for people they like, not people they think would be a good mod...
Hmm..good point. I guess we'll leave it up to Phillip and the mods to decide. I happen to think a certain member would make a good mod, not becuase of any popularity or anything, but I think he's been proven to be a good mod.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Whoever a new mod be, we need to make sure this person can be depended upon on three basic principals:

1. Activity - Some one who is active on MC enough to really give Phil and Ed the help they need.
2. Longevity - Some one who has been at MC for a decent amount of time to be familiar with the community.
3. Firmness - Some one who will handle situations fairly and firmly.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Whoever a new mod be, we need to make sure this person can be depended upon on three basic principals:

1. Activity - Some one who is active on MC enough to really give Phil and Ed the help they need.
2. Longevity - Some one who has been at MC for a decent amount of time to be familiar with the community.
3. Firmness - Some one who will handle situations fairly and firmly.
I would love to be a mod!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Guys, please refrain right now from saying that you want to be a mod or that so-and-so would make a good mod. This is how popularity fights start out and one of the reasons the MC awards failed. Too much tension between people competing and disagreeing with who is better. This is a BIG deal and we don't need any bad blood between people

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well said Sargey.

I also want to say I'm very surprised in fact that Ed doesn't have the power to ban or suspend. I thought that was one of the things that a mod was bestowed with right from the beginning. That's the way it is on other boards I belong to.

It seems weird to me to be honest. Just like saying only the Chief of Police actually has the power to arrest anybody. Not any of the team of officers.:confused:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I do agree with everything that has been said, but not just for the forum, but the website as a whole. I would love to see MC get a whole new makeover with new content, background, and new banners. I love MC and would love to see it grow into so much more