Moderation Proposition

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Do you think anything will come of this? All I want is for Muppet Central to grow, and I think any step forward would be one in the right direction.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Do you think anything will come of this? All I want is for Muppet Central to grow, and I think any step forward would be one in the right direction.
Here's the way I see it. Right now, the forum is the only part of the website that is thriving. For everything else we have muppet wiki.

Because of that, more attention should be given to the forum. Ed can't do everything by himself. I'm sure all the staff are busy people with their own lives. Which is why we need at least one or even two more mods with the ability to lock threads that are starting to get heated with argument and to ban people for a set amount of time who cause trouble.

Hubert

Reaction score
Yeah, MC's forum continues to flourish based on our large, dedicated community here, though from time to time, we need a large base of mods to make sure that the community stays in check. Administration and community needs to grow together, and with the large community here, we also need a staff that is able to give substantial attention to the forum.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
That's true. Just one admin and just one active mod isn't enough for such a large community. It would be enough for a small community but here? A few more would be better. We can't expect Ed to take care of everything alone.

Hubert

Reaction score
And even if adding a mod would be a longer process, some increase of Ed's abilities would work for the time being. If Ed had more tools to field spammers and members in general, our large community would stay together even more. There have been many complaints over the years about the community quality of MC's diminishing, and I think that a stronger administration force might help to keep the forum a better place and wipe out some of those concerns.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I agree, but at the same time I think that MC as a whole could grow in to so much more.
As for the forum it's self I would love to see a new addition to the staff, or if they did not want to do that they could just delegate certain jobs to each mod. That way it dose not have to be all on one person.

BTW whatever happed to muppetquilter? She was a mod as well, and I have not seen/talked to her in a long time.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
But that's the problem. There is only one active mod right now.

The main site can wait. I hate to say it, but I think you are the only person here who wants the site to change. People have suggested it in the past, and have always been met with much opposition. People do not like change. Heck, there was a huge protest about the new forums. Changing the site will just make people mad. Besides, the Muppet Wiki has made the site kinda moot.

And this is why extra attention needs to be taken on the forums. This is really the only forum for muppet fans, not including Tough Pigs which is more of an adult forum. More mods can certainly help with the overall positive feel of the community.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It's sad but you more then right about that. I do understand what your saying about people hating change, I've seen it on here several times.
I guess my thing is I have almost grown accustom to not having, a lot of moderator "support" (I don't know if that is the right word to use)
I know that in the past there have been things I have done that I wanted to add to the site, for whatever reason it never got added. So I took matters in to my own hands and posted it on the forums, and the outcome was great.
This is the second time that I hear about a positive feel to the forum, or the lack there of. Either I'm not seeing the negative flow or it is being hidden in threads that I don't view. So if someone could give me an example then maybe I could understand that more.
Also I have been following this thread somewhat but, I'm still kind of confused What do you want the mods (new and old) to do? Yes I understand that spamers on here are bad, and should not be on here, but what else is there?
This is the only forum I'm a member of, so I don't really know how involved other mods for other sites are, and I don't know what they do or don't do. So if you could explain it to me I want to understand.