Losing Followers

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
It was me who unfolllowed him. And now there going to every page moaning about it...

P. S JAZZY ALPHABET OR WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS I HAD NO CHOICE TO FOLLOW YOU BECAUSE YOU MESSAGED ME ABOUT FOLLOWING YOU

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
It was me who unfolllowed him. And now there going to every page moaning about it...

P. S JAZZY ALPHABET OR WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS I HAD NO CHOICE TO FOLLOW YOU BECAUSE YOU MESSAGED ME ABOUT FOLLOWING YOU
I'm actually a her and not a him.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You realize that on this website, followers means absolutely nothing. It's not like tumblr, where followers can actively see what you post. On here, being a 'follower' is literally the replacement of a 'friends' list on an IM. The ONLY benefit anyone has of following people is theres a little thing on the main page that tells you when someone you follow is online. THATS IT. I mean yeah there's an option somewhere to actually get a list of your follower activity but its pretty useless.

But my point is, this isn't like tumblr where your number of followers actually mean something.

And telling people to follow you, and whining to make them feel bad about unfollowing you, is a really scummy and selfish thing to do. Especially when there's no real benefit to following anyone here anyway. It's not a popularity contest

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
If you saw my rant earlier that had a few swears in it you have just agreed with everything I said
You realize that on this website, followers means absolutely nothing. It's not like tumblr, where followers can actively see what you post. On here, being a 'follower' is literally the replacement of a 'friends' list on an IM. The ONLY benefit anyone has of following people is theres a little thing on the main page that tells you when someone you follow is online. THATS IT. I mean yeah there's an option somewhere to actually get a list of your follower activity but its pretty useless.

But my point is, this isn't like tumblr where your number of followers actually mean something.

And telling people to follow you, and whining to make them feel bad about unfollowing you, is a really scummy and selfish thing to do. Especially when there's no real benefit to following anyone here anyway. It's not a popularity contest

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score

I agree with you.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Urgh. We went through a similar problem like this about six years ago, when a small handful of members suddenly started moaning, groaning, whining, and belly aching over not being as popular as other members and feeling they were being treated unfairly by the community for one reason or another: nobody responding to their threads, having their posts ignored, yadda-yadda-yadda; it really became an apathetic (and just plain pathetic) pity party by those who were complaining that MC was a "popularity contest" and they apparently were losing.

Now we're going through another similar scenario, but this time it's involving just one person who feels the need to put on a whole dramatic production about losing followers. So what? I lose friends on Facebook, I lose subscribers on YouTube, so what's the beef? It happens, and there's nothing you can do about it. Like Sarge said, followers really don't mean anything other than to serve as a replacement for the buddy list system we had on the old vBulletin forum, and really, the buddy list system really did nothing either other than maybe put an asterik next to someone's name if you had them on your buddy list.

But if losing followers and such bothers you than immensely, perhaps you should take a break from the internet for a while.