Little things we've noticed

Misskermie

Reaction score
On the Sylvester Stallone Episode, Kermit said it was OK for those Sly fans to stay by his desk. Didn't Kermit notice when they were gone?

In IAVMMC, Bitterman came by to collect payment on the theatre, but if they bought it from JP, they wouldn't have to pay anything more, right?

In TMTM, I noticed that when the Muppets were walking to Pete's in the begining of the movie, there was what looked like a black trash bag on the right corner of the screen.

When the Swedish Chef made Chocolate cake, you could see a whole in the table, where the cake was, after Chef smooshed it.

In temptation, you can see Dave Goelz's head.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've noticed that in the Jim Henson Hour pitch tape from 1987, at the beginning the title reads "The Jim Henson Hour", so that means Henson had planned on giving it that title from the beginning (I've also seen some red book entries from 1987 which refer to the show by that title), but I've also seen some print publicity material from closer to the show's debut (can't remember what photos were included, but I know they were stuff that appeared on the show), where it was referred to as The Jim Henson Show. I guess the title was changed but then changed back before airing.

And in the first episode, when Jim Henson introduced The StoryTeller, he said something to the effect of, "we've combined ancient folktales with today's music video style editing..." Now, I've seen every StoryTeller episode, and I can't see any resemblence to music videos in them. And I've seen many music videos from the 1980s (a good decade for music videos, I might add). The comment about music vidoe style editing seems more appropriate for Song of the Cloud Forrest.

Auberoun

Reaction score
I think what Jim was talking about was the mix of animation and puppetry and live action, with some cg work, as was the norm in the time of the music videos of that era.

Having watched most of the Storyteller series, I can definitely see the influence.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think what Jim was talking about was the mix of animation and puppetry and live action, with some cg work, as was the norm in the time of the music videos of that era.

Having watched most of the Storyteller series, I can definitely see the influence.
I haven't really noticed much animation or CG work on The Storyteller, though.

Watching The Muppets on DVD, I noticed that when the telethon begins, in the opening shot Zoot does not wear his hat, but when it cuts to Rowlf and Zoot, he's suddenly wearing his hat. And I think that's the only time Zoot wears his hat in the orchestra in the whole movie.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Noticed that in The Muppets, Kermit wears his black tuxedo quite a bit in the introductions. Sort of like in the first season when he'd often wear his purple tux during guest star introductions and the goodnights, though here he wears it in almost every introduction, going back-and-fourth between wearing a tux and wearing nothing. And ironically, he's one of the few NOT wearing a tuxedo in The Rainbow Connection. In fact, I wonder why they needed so many Muppets to wear tuxes in that number. Seems like the kind of act where the characters could all just wear their usual clothing.

And Kermit wears his black tux backstage just before the telethon starts, but then is naked during the opening. Did he remember at the last minute that he's not supposed to wear a tux in the opening?

And it's interesting that some Muppets are wearing coats and winter hats at the end. Isn't this California, where it's always warm?

I also noticed that this movie features a green whatnot resembling one of the "Whatnot Workshop" puppets. I wonder if this was one of the store-bought ones or if they made a whatnot puppet of that design (perhaps I'm wording it wrong). This whatnot is used for one of the hobos, the farmer from the extended "Forget You!" number, and one of the extra orchestra members.

Misskermie

Reaction score
In the Muppets, I just noticed, that when Walter, Gary and Mary left Smalltown in the begining, the sign said, Now leaving Smalltown, we'll miss you!

But when Gary realized he was a man and not a muppet, and he went back to Smalltown, the sign said, Now Entering Smalltown, Welcome!

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
In the Muppets, I just noticed, that when Walter, Gary and Mary left Smalltown in the begining, the sign said, Now leaving Smalltown, we'll miss you!

But when Gary realized he was a man and not a muppet, and he went back to Smalltown, the sign said, Now Entering Smalltown, Welcome!
Something I thought I'd noticed was that, when Walter, Gary and Mary leave, it goes from 102 to 99 - then when Gary goes back it goes from 100 to 101. I leaned to my friend and said "Oh my God someone moved to Smalltown USA!" Then I realized it was just Mary who returned.

Yours is better.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I noticed something re-watching The Muppets the other day. During the above shot of all the Muppets in their hammocks, Scooter's leg twitches right before the framing edges him out.

It might not be as brilliant a catch as some of these other examples, but it was enough to make me smile. :smile:

Alvin

Reaction score
What scene is it that pepe can be seen in the seats...somebody said that a while back.....

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I've noticed that in the Jim Henson Hour pitch tape from 1987, at the beginning the title reads "The Jim Henson Hour", so that means Henson had planned on giving it that title from the beginning (I've also seen some red book entries from 1987 which refer to the show by that title), but I've also seen some print publicity material from closer to the show's debut (can't remember what photos were included, but I know they were stuff that appeared on the show), where it was referred to as The Jim Henson Show. I guess the title was changed but then changed back before airing.

And in the first episode, when Jim Henson introduced The StoryTeller, he said something to the effect of, "we've combined ancient folktales with today's music video style editing..." Now, I've seen every StoryTeller episode, and I can't see any resemblence to music videos in them. And I've seen many music videos from the 1980s (a good decade for music videos, I might add). The comment about music vidoe style editing seems more appropriate for Song of the Cloud Forrest.
I believe Jim was trying to communicate the stylish quality of the Storyteller in terms that executives could understand.

Music videos are much different now than they were in the 80's. A 10 minute video wasn't uncommon back then. They used to tell simplified stories that set a mood without being burdened with the task of developing entire worlds. They stylishly created the elements that were needed and pieced the tales together in record time. We're used to this style now, but it was akin to blitz/quick-cut editing back in the late 80's. :jim: