Kermit Swamp years-dissapointment

CousinLuke

Reaction score
If you do not watch the movie, at least watch the specials. The behind the scenes feturette with Joe the armadillo is hillarious. I love it. The Commentary is good also, whenever it is on. There were too many silent spots. Also, when did Kermit get his tounge fixed so he could try to catch the fly? After all it left Kermit in TMM

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by CousinLuke
If you do not watch the movie, at least watch the specials. The behind the scenes feturette with Joe the armadillo is hillarious. I love it.
THANK YOU! So much is said on here about KSY sucking, blah blah. Sure, ok...its not the best JHC thing...but at least they filmed the whole firs part in a real life outdoor location...the same cant be said for a lot of recent Muppet features.

BUT! The dvd IS worth it for:

The Joe the Armadillo behind the scenes featurette. This Muppet is freaking BRILLAINT! I loved every second of it.

The 3 minute Pet Shop 'Warm Fuzzy Hugs' video. Just skip ahead to it, its pure genuis.

The deleted outtakes...Kermit impersonating Swedish Chef, wow! Lots of Muppets at their best: ADLIBBING!

So there ya go, why everyone should at least rent the dvd!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I admit that it's not the best movie, but I have yet to see it. Actually calling KSY a prequal to TMM is sort of like saying that Star Wars 1 and 2 are prequals to the last 3 movies we know and love. There were a lot of critics, but there were people who liked them, that's all I can say.

Anyway, even if I don't like KSY, it still had more of a reason to be made than Cinderella 2 or Kangaroo Jack (and the last one actually did well in the box office... eek!)

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chef/Beaker fan
Who played Joe the Armidillo? Joe's okay, but i think he's sorta annoying.
Joe was played by Joey Mazzarino. Actually all of his characters are annoying...

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
Joe was played by Joey Mazzarino. Actually all of his characters are annoying...
Not sure which *other* characters he does...but to me, my mom, and my bird...were all big Joe the Armadillo fans! In fact my bird really enjoys the Joe the Armadillo behind the scenes(shes such a big Muppet nut, its funny) so I play that for her now and then. I get such a BIG kick out of that thing...PURE GENUIS! The Billa Baretta scene, the 'Puppety Sock man' thing, the 'Hey *inster name* Joe' schtick...youre really doing yourself out there a diservice skipping out on renting or buying the dvd, as yeah...even I cant bringmyself to watch the whole film...but dang if those extras dont rock!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
He has a whole bunch of Sesame Street characters who all seem to have the same... annoying... voice.

(Can you tell that I'm *not* going to borrow Joey Mazzarino?)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh, I think his Swamp Years characters were cute. He's not my fave and I don't know what other characters he does, but he's good at frogs and armadillos. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, I do agree that a large portion of Joey's characters are pretty annoying, but I think that's pretty Much their charm. I really liked Joey Monkey, Stinky the plant, and Dog city's Artie. Though I donot care much for his one time only characters, or that annoying Sesame Street Elephant he performs.