Kermit Swamp years-dissapointment

starr

Reaction score
Ok so I was all set to watch my new Kermit DVD and skip the superbowl. I made it through the first ten minutes and I'm sitting here rather dissapointed. I don't know what I was expecting but Kermit's voice is all wrong! And I didn't think the puppetry was that great...I'll have to give it another chance but I'm not very impressed with it. Anyone else have these feelings?

scarecroe

Reaction score
I suggest watching the remaining 80 minutes and then letting us know what you think :stick_out_tongue:

WiGgY

Reaction score
I don't think it is worth the other 80 minutes. I was very dissappointed with the whole thing. For a muppet movie there aren't many muppets in it. I know it's suppose to be a prequel of sorts but where are some of the characters we love? Maybe a kid Fozzie could have been standing on a corner telling jokes, maybe kid Lew fishing in the swamp, maybe a REAL Rowlf instead of just some dog named Rowlf. I did like the Jim Henson moment with Kermit, but that's about it.

I really hated the part with Kermit and the balloons. They were forcing a recreation of Gonzo and the balloons. Plus, it was a poor recreation. I really think it was an aweful movie. The whole frogs can talk thing at the end was crazy. The whole point of the Muppets is that it's no big deal for frogs to talk. It was common place in that world. Bad bad movie. :mad:

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
i thought it was a fine movie...for kids. its not really great for us muppet fans but it is still as good as any other straight to video movie. maybe even better then the land before time 6

WiGgY

Reaction score
Well that's the problem. If you are going to do a movie for kids, use the sesame street muppets. To call KSY a prequel to TMM is just wrong. It was no where near that quality.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have the same opinion about Muppet Show characters pandering to children. That really isn't their function. Weren't the Muppet Babies enough? But it was a savvy move to introduce the Muppet characters to the younger generation, so I don't really mind Swamp Years.

The human actors and the plot were really weak, but to say the puppetry was bad - well I don't agree with that at all. It was up to Muppet standards in my eyes.

Kermit's voice has been about the same for the past decade (when Steve took over) so I don't think his young Kermit voice was much of a shock. It was right on the mark.

Yes, that balloon scene bugged me too. It was like they were trying too hard. I also think there should have been more Muppet cameos. The story had some really boring parts - it would have definitely helped. Bunsen, Beaker, the actual Rowlf, Bean Bunny, Rizzo and several others could have easily been inserted into some scenes. They are all Steve/Bill characters except for Bunsen, but if Dave could dub Waldorf's performance, he could have dubbed Bunsen's cameo.

Just my thoughts. The project seemed forced and empty, but it was good enough for a straight to video project. I've watched it twice and don't think I'll watch it again for a long time. It's definitely not a Muppet Movie. I consider it in the Muppet special category.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think one thing everyone can agree on is that it needed more muppet cameos. When there are more human actors than there are muppets you know there is a problem. Even if there were no voices for the cameos it would be nice just to have them there.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Couldn't say it better myself. Exactly on point! :smile: