Jim Shore's Muppet Tradition Statues

Bellygrub

Reaction score
Don't judge the Rainbow Connection Kermit by the pictures on that site. Those are of the pre-release version. The final release is drastically different. There is no pattern on the chest and the eyes are actually raised and circular for example. Unfortunatly most places haven't updated the pics to show the release version (including the Wiki).

The only figure that I dislike from the series is 1st waves Piggy. I'll wait until I see the final figures for wave two before I decide on them.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Ooh, really? Well that's different then.:smile: Any chance you can direct me to an updated photo? I can never have too many frogs playing a banjo in my home, lol.

Yeah, both Piggy's to me are just plain bad. The bookend one is too blank expressiony and cartoony, and the classic Piggy's face is... well, weird. It's like everything is all out of proportion or spaced wrong, something. This is all coming from a guy who LOVES Jim Shore stuff! It just seems like a lot of artists can't always get a proper handle on Muppet likenesses, which, as we all know, is mucho importante. He's great with classic Disney though, I'm sure he'll get the Muppets down by the time they're back on top. :big_grin:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Thanks! :smile:

Still a pass for me though, omg, that Piggy especially! Run screaming, children! Lol. Still might buy Statler & Waldorf someday, they're fantastic! Here's hoping that there'll be another wave, this time with superior representations of our fuzzy and furry friends. :wink:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
i have a few of the disney ones...jack skellington, Fantasia Mickey and Jiminy cricket and i ONLY have ONE Disney muppets so far, just kermit....my gf has a few of the Tinkerbells.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I've got to admit that the Rainbow Connection Kermit looks better in prototype form. I like the pattern on his body and the stylization. It's such an overdone pose that it was great that he tried to do something different. :smile:

The Gonzo...I'm on the fence. I wish it were less Muppet Babyish cartoony in the face and feathers, but I actually do like it otherwise. That's a big thing for me to say about any blue-nosed Gonzo. Camilla has never looked better! :cluck: Hubba! Hubba! :concern:

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i don't know if i'm going to get these but i probs will and i was suprised to see them in my local collector store statler and waldorf look nice and animal i might buy but why is the muppet show backdrop sign is more than the statues :confused:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i was actually surprised i didnt see any of the Muppet ones at Disney world this last trip

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
Any of you guys Disney Movie Rewards members?? The newsletter that came today says the Kermit, Piggy, and Animal Jim Shore figures will all be available as rewards on the 23rd along with a knit Kermit beanie that is a member exclusive. They'll also have a full size theater poster for the new film, but I think that releases earlier than the 23rd.

muppetperson

Reaction score
The Gonzo with Camilla figure and Kermit and Miss Piggy bookends will be available December 15, my birthday!