Jim Shore's Muppet Tradition Statues

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I am holding out and hoping that UK retailers will sell these, and hopefully cut down on postage costs.

A lot of shops in the UK sell the Disney ones so hopefully soon.

They look great, can you tell us what there like in 'person' when they arrive?

Thanks

Chris

muppetperson

Reaction score
The paint job on Miss Piggy's face is not to the standard of the prototype.

Bellygrub

Reaction score
Got mine today and I'm very happy to see that the Kermit has a few differences from the prototype pictures we saw. The most noticeable being the eyes in a much better position. :smile:

MuppetPerson's pic show the accurate version.

dented

Reaction score
I saw these in Hallmark and frankly I think they look horrible. I like some of the other Jim Shore pieces, but on these the colors are not just wrong, they are distracting. Piggy is barely recognizable, and the designs just leave something to be desired.

Not spending my hard earned money on these.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Got my second shipment of the figures,so just waiting on the statler and Waldorf piece.
More disappointments as Fozzie's eyelids and nose is a very dark burgundy that it looks black and he looks like a cross between Mickey Mouse and Pluto.Also, the Displayer base is nothing like the prototype.In the picture,it appears the base can display one figure, but it is big enough to display four figures, so I dont have room to display it all.I wish I hadn't bought the displayer.The Muppet Show sign is only cardboard and is smaller than the width of the base.Also, Kermit isnt in the "O" and the letters have been put in a sign box.I was hoping that the curtain would of been a ripply sculpted piece as well.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Things like this seem to be happening more and more, the prototypes do not live up to final product.

I was hoping to get this set, but want to see it for myself first.

Im a bit concerned that this might happen with Steiffs Fozzie, like it did with there Kermit!

Chris

muppetperson

Reaction score
I got my Statler and Waldorf sculpture today.I actually like it as a separate piece, but when you display it with the rest of the Jim shore pieces, they are not to scale with the other characters.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Oh dear,

Im rapidly going off the idea of getting these!

Chris

Bellygrub

Reaction score
Since the Mrs collects the Disney Traditions lines, I fully didn't expect these to be in scale with each other. Jim Shore items rarely are unless they're part of a themed set (ie: The Princess Carousel).

I have Statler and Waldorf placed on a shelf above Kermit which makes them appear to be sitting up in the balcony. :sleep::boo:

It works for me but others mileage may vary.