It's Official: Sesame Channel to arrive fall 2005

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
G-MAN said:
It would also be cool if they showed Pinwheel.
Ahhh, Pinwheel. It's been a long long time since I saw that show. But for some reason, I can't explain what it is (I was little). Anybody else care to refresh my memory? I remember there were puppets...

G-MAN

Reaction score
Ok, when I was little, back in the late 80's Nickelodian had a block of programming on during the morning, sort of like Nick Jr. but different, and basically it showed all sorts of childrens shows from like England and Canada, and the block of programming was called Pinwheel. Throughout the morning in between the cartoons they had interstitial like stuff that was set on a Sesame Street like set, I don't remember much about the show, but I remember this character named Cocoa who was a female mime.

Here is a link that tells more about this show. http://www.johnnorrisbrown.com/classic-nick/pinwheel/

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
See, I don't think that HIT would have the rights to Pinwheel. MuppetDude, here's a chance for me to help you out for once.
Pinwheel was this show back on Nickelodeon in the early to mid 1980's. Rully remember that one since it was seen on a par with SS by yours truly. This show blended human actors, puppet characters, claymation shorts, and animated segments. And now that I think of it, there are many parallels between SS and Pinwheel.

There was the main house inhabited by...
The two puppet kids named Plus and Minus, who had a plus and/or minus math symbol on their overall shirts for their respective names. Hmm, sounds like a certain duo from the bowels of 123 SS.
Then there were these two boy and girl Doodlebugs, who were like big friendly insect puppets. Rather different than the little buggers found in the SS windowboxes.
There was a mime named Cocoa who taught everyone about opposites in the popular Opposite City sketches. Reminds me of the SS librairian who's a personal hero of mine.
Then there was a snail puppet who lived in the garden area, who had a straw hat, old man glasses and a bowtie. Hmmm, could be compared to a certain 8' yellow bird's outside living quarters next to the main building.
The main human actors were a husband and wife team, the guy looked like he had scraggly grayish hair sideburns and mustache. They both ran the newspaper from inside the main house.
The other two main puppet characters were an old gypsy lady and this greenish long-nosed guy I forget their names.
This guy with the pointy nose and the green complexion was very much like the guy who lives in the trashcan.
These descripts might seem somewhat vague, but it's been years since I've seen the show and I doubt I could come up with better ones owing to my blind batty eyes now.

Oh yyeah, the most popular claymation segments were of what was known as Hattytown where all the characters had their profession's hats as their heads. Except the donkey who was the pet/best friend of the Mexican sombrero.
Hope this helps and have a good weekend.

Dantecat

Reaction score
This is Great!!!

Hey Everybody,Great News,The new 24 hour children's channel will be arriving April 1st on demand and The channel inself will also arrive September 1st!

Really Exciting! Huh??? :excited: :excited: :excited:

ssetta

Reaction score
Where did you hear this??!

And did you find out what it's going to have?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
Hey Everybody,Great News,The new 24 hour children's channel will be arriving April 1st on demand and The channel inself will also arrive September 1st!

Really Exciting! Huh??? :excited: :excited: :excited:
So it will premiere twice in one year? I don't get it.

Dantecat

Reaction score
I read it on today's newspaper and so far I just heard that SS and Barney will be on.The rest we don't know yet.But you guys already know that the classic SS will be on also.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Is there any one who can help me get older episodes when the channel (or VOD) premiere? :halo: