It's Official: Sesame Channel to arrive fall 2005

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We've been talking about the rumors for months, but it is now official that there will be a new channel owned by Sesame Workshop, Comcast, HIT and PBS. They will have access to Sesame's entire library. We will have to wait and see what classic episodes actually get aired on the channel though.

They will also be initially offering around 50 hours of video-on-demand programming in early 2005 with the channel launch expected to happen in fall 2005. No cable or satellite providers have been announced. So if you are not on Comcast, we will have to wait and see what other providers will officially carry the channel.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2004/102004.shtml

Dantecat

Reaction score
(1)Why Are They Going To Have In The Fall 2005 Instead Of Early 2005?

(2)What Month During The Fall Will Have It?

Because I'm Still Very Excited About It!!! :excited: :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Great news Phil! If you can give us any more info, we'd gladly pass it along. Which reminds me... is there any news about what specific number or name the channel will have? If we had that info, then maybe we could campaign other providers like Adelphia to carry the channel. I know this much, I certainly don't want to miss out in all the Hensonian glory this channel will bring about.

ssetta

Reaction score
WOW! This is the MOST EXCITING news I've heard since Unpaved!! I hope it's WAY better!! ANd I hope I end up getting this channel!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
ssetta said:
WOW! This is the MOST EXCITING news I've heard since Unpaved!! I hope it's WAY better!! ANd I hope I end up getting this channel!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

SAME HERE SSETTA!! WOOOOOOOO!!!! This is the most ever best thing to come along since meatballs.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
HALLELUJAH!!!! :excited:

THREE CHEERS FOR CAPTAIN VEG--uh...SESAME WORKSHOP!!!! :wink:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Wow! Great news to wake up to. Ahh.. to see the classic SS clips once more,time can only tell what will come of it.:smirk:

Censored

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
HALLELUJAH!!!! :excited:

THREE CHEERS FOR CAPTAIN VEG--uh...SESAME WORKSHOP!!!! :wink:

I'll say three cheers for the Children's Television Workshop since that's the era most of in this thread are probably hoping to see.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
I'll say three cheers for the Children's Television Workshop since that's the era most of in this thread are probably hoping to see.
Oops. :embarrassed:

Well, the last two seasons were pretty good. :smile: