Is "Cliff's Nightmare" going to be on at all this week?

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Oh MAN! I missed it AGAIN!:mad: I was just saying in the other thread that I slept through the part with the muppets the last time i saw it on:sleep: I can't believe I missed it again.:frown:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Originally posted by AndyWan Kenobi
You're welcome. I'm glad I finally got to see it too--I'd never gotten the chance before. I thought it was quite cute. I noticed during the credits, also, that Matt Robinson (Sesame Street's original "Gordon") was a guest star. He spent a lot of time as a writer and producer for Cosby, but I thought it was neat that he guest starred in the episode with the Muppets. Does anyone know who he played? The only place in the episode I could imagine him appearing would be in the sepia-tone section with Olivia presenting her medical discoveries. Was he one of the scientists she was talking to?

:confused:
I'll have to look for that. I'm not very familiar with Matt Robinson, but I have seen pictures of him. Next time I watch the tape, I'll see if I spot him.

Stulz

Reaction score
Muppets-Cosby Connection

There were many Muppets-Cosby Connections. Since The Cosby Show was taped at Kauffam-Astoria Studios THE SAME STUDIO AS SESAME STREET, that sort of bridges all the connections. Matt Robinson (The Original Gordon) was a head writer for Cosby and I'm pretty sure made guest appearences from time to time. I might as well add the "Cliff's Nightmare" episode even though if you're reading this thread you should allready know that one..

Bill Cosby himself appeared on Seasome Street a few times in the 70's and hosted "Seasme Street: 20 and counting" the 20th anniversay special whicj also aired on NBC in 1989 and was originally to be a part of The Jim Henson Hour and aired one week before the 1st JHH aired.

Raven Simon (Olvia) had a guest appearence in "The Muppets at Walt Disney World" special singing " It's Not Easy Being Green with Kermit. Which not so coincidentaly also aired on...NBC.

When The Cosby Show ended and Bill Cosby started "Cosby" on CBS Roscoe Orman (The Gordon Most people recognize today) made at least one appearence as a judge.

Few, If there are more maybe I'll remeber them later.. Those are just the few off the top of my head.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Stulz,

I think you got a little bit mixed up...

Raven Symone sang 'Rainbow Connection', Then in an episode of The Cosby Show they played 'Bein' Green' by Ray Charles over her sittin in her bedroom upset. That episode was also titled 'Its Not Easy Being Green'.

see ya

Stulz

Reaction score
sorrua about that

Yup Warrick ..

Ya caught my mistake..

:embarrassed:

my bad

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I used to love seeing Bill Cosby on Sesame Street when I was little. I remember there was a skit they would do where he would appear on both sides of the screen. I can't remember if it would be the alphabet or something else. Anyway, at that age, I didn't understand split-screen or, for that matter, any camera tricks. I accepted what I saw on TV, so I assumed that there were two of him. Since I knew that one of them was "Bill Cosby," I decided that the other one must be "Bing Crosby." Weird, I know, but 100% true!

:zany: :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Yeah. I remember that one. It was on the "20 and Still Counting" special. I believe instead of saying the alphabet, they were counting. Unless you're thinking of another sketch.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
You're absolutely right. Bill Cosby and "Bing Crosby" :stick_out_tongue: were counting, not saying the alphabet. Thanks!

:excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man

Ironically, at the Cosby Show board at the Sitcoms Online message board community, that seems to be one of the least favorite episodes, lol...
Ap[parently, they have no problem with the 50 lame, male/female arguement episodes. I got so sick of those. I love Cosby and all, but those episodes grate on my nerves ("ARRRRRRRRGH!! MY NERVES"-Boober).

"Women should stay at home and cook and clean!"

"Excuse me! No way"

Big freaking deal. Sexism... we get the joke. :rolleyes: :sleep: :boo:

Stulz

Reaction score
ya.. pretty much

Now, I know this might get .. strike that.. WILL get get a a lot of flack here but as great as it is to see Bill Cosby working with the Muppets and as even greater it is to see DIGIT, LEON and the other JHH characters on TV and as great as the Muppet segments of that episode are, as a whole episode, it's is indead a pretty bad episode of "The Cosby Show." All of the fantasy segments are lame and boring .. and each time I watch this episode I seem to fast forward right to the Muppets at the end.

The Muppets are the saving grace of this episode. The writers probably had to concock such a lame story line to be able to fit the Muppets into the "the Cosby Show" reality. (you have to admit it would seem a bit odd if Gonzo just walked through the front door, sat down on the couch and started talking with the 'Cos like it was no big thing)

:concern:

:rolleyes:

That being said, even a bad and misguided episode of "The Cosby show" is still better then half of the reality crap on tv today! And at least the Muppets are being featured on TV at all anymore... Even if it is in rerun form.

:boo:

Can't wait for that new Muppet show to finally air......even though I not holding my breath , for it will probably be 2110 before it does!

:eek: