1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

International skits on Youtube...

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by Drtooth, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

ISNorden likes this.
  2. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

3. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

One little problem with adapting "ABC-DEF-GHI" and other US alphabet songs to Plaza Sésamo: the last time I checked, the Spanish alphabet didn't drop Ñ when the 1990s reform passed. It'd throw the rhythm off, true--but you'd think the writers would find a solution that kept the alphabet intact. [wishes the boards had a Rosita smiley...]
  4. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Now, if only some fan in Sweden had that first album of dubbed songs from Svenska Sesam; Cookie Monster sings about the letter K in that version. (Wonder if he ever did the Swedish translation on TV as well?) :insatiable:
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I also managed to find "Somebody Come and Play" and "I don't want to live on the moon" as well.

Oscarfan's alternative Spanish YT account has a couple others (Who are the People in your Neighborhood... and the Fuzzy and Blue I posted a while back)...

I find this highly interesting. Much better than just dubbing the songs over. Rerecording them with their own characters... and I really think what they did with C is for Cookie was pretty brilliant.
  6. Oscarfan

7. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

8. Drtooth

I find Germany's rescoring of songs quite fascinating. Why, they even redid If I knew you were coming, I'd've Baked a Cake! I'm too lazy to post it now.
  9. Oscarfan

10. Oscarfan

11. Oscarfan

12. Drtooth

Ehhhhh... I'd almost love to say it's about counting, since I was able to make out Shesh and Shmone... but that's a stretch.

How the heck come they made that one fit and actually sound beautiful in places and Pinball Number Count sounds like people in a car that drove off a cliff and is about to crash?

Edit: Did some translating... all that came up was "minute waltz" which was nothing I couldn't tell you.
  13. Drtooth

Mighty as well post a clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q99JQRJbHE0

Features Grover singing something I've never seen to a AM girl, animated segment about making a chair, live action segment of ACTUALLY making a chair, ring master 8 (shmone), and A Granny Fanny segment featuring real cats.
  14. Oscarfan

The Grover song is "Still, We Like Each Other".
  15. Drtooth

16. ZootSaxPlayer

ZootSaxPlayer Member

17. Drtooth

18. Oscarfan

19. Drtooth

20. Oscarfan

I think the funky music in this makes it a lot more tolerable than the original version.